• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Slalom Ski Choice for Non-Racer

RunSki

Booting up
Skier
Anyone interested in weighing in on 4 options? The relative price difference is listed as well for the skis I found ... cost/benefit analysis is always a part of the decision!

1.) '16 Rossi Hero Elite ST Ti (with the prior binding/interface)
2.) '16 Head WorldCup Rebels i.SL w/ freeflex Pro 11 for $150 more than option 1.
3.) '18 Rossi Hero Elite ST Ti (with updated binding interface) for $75 more than option 2., or $225 more than option 1.
or
4.) Blow off the whole idea of an SL ski, stick with the Laser AX I recently purchased for most Eastern days, add an SR95 and be done with it!

I have the '16 World Cup Rebels i.SL. I looked at several different models and chose the Rebels i.SL for the lightning quick turn radius (11.5 m @ 165 cm). Also skiied the Rossi ST Ti and thought it was a fun ski, but the radius was 2 m longer.

The i.SL goes edge to edge on a dime and makes a tight arc while being reasonably stable at speed. For me, the shorter radius is the whole fun factor of the slalom ski and would have been worth the extra $.

Sponsor

Staff online