• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My evening yesterday transformed unexpectedly lwhen a woman in a Mercedes coupe decided to act like a squirrel at an intersection and not bother looking while turning suddenly directly in front of me.

After going through her car, a pedestrian signal post where the top part was launched about 100 feet, and almost getting through this barrier fence into the parking lot below, my day 5 is now on hold. I managed to swerve enough to avoid t-boning her, which I hope avoided injury (nobody hurt), but I ended up with a lot of extra damage in the process.

Fence barely holds...

View attachment 32670

Pedestrian signal Hail Mary almost reaches a receiver...

View attachment 32671

View attachment 32673

After driving it out.

View attachment 32672

Boo.

DISLIKE.

But glad no one was hurt.

Attachments

• 20171105_112226.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • 20171105_112204.jpg
    20171105_112204.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171105_112202.jpg
    20171105_112202.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 10

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My evening yesterday transformed unexpectedly lwhen a woman in a Mercedes coupe decided to act like a squirrel at an intersection and not bother looking while turning suddenly directly in front of me.

After going through her car, a pedestrian signal post where the top part was launched about 100 feet, and almost getting through this barrier fence into the parking lot below, my day 5 is now on hold. I managed to swerve enough to avoid t-boning her, which I hope avoided injury (nobody hurt), but I ended up with a lot of extra damage in the process.

Fence barely holds...

View attachment 32670

View attachment 32671

View attachment 32673

After driving it out.

View attachment 32672

Boo.

Triple boo. :(

Reactions: nay

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Fence barely holds...

View attachment 32670

View attachment 32671

View attachment 32673

After driving it out.

View attachment 32672

Boo.
Damn! I am so glad you (and the idiot) are ok.

MT Skull

Look at me, I can ski with my feet together!
Skier
crap.gif
crap.gif
crap.gif
crap.gif
crap.gif
crap.gif
crap.gif
crap.gif
crap.gif
crap.gif
crap.gif

Glad you're ok!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Nay's awful experience aside, I wanted to share some photos from Sunday. Something went wrong trying to upload them from my phone.

It was snowing enough that we put our hoods up for the lift!
20171105_112226.jpg

That's real snow right there on our skis!
20171105_112204.jpg

Random photo trying to capture the fact that it was snowing.
20171105_112202.jpg

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Nay's awful experience aside, I wanted to share some photos from Sunday. Something went wrong trying to upload them from my phone.

It was snowing enough that we put our hoods up for the lift!
View attachment 32721

That's real snow right there on our skis!
View attachment 32720

Random photo trying to capture the fact that it was snowing.
View attachment 32719

Woohoo!

I put in a new radiator today and acquired some other basic parts. Drove it into the garage for safe keeping.

I need to ski. Will be back when I can. Soon.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Bring it on today!
This should be a little motivation.
11-5-2017 5-09-29 AM.png
Geez don't you love trying to adjust to standard time:(
I'm already working on my second :coffee:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Fence barely holds...

View attachment 32670

View attachment 32671

View attachment 32673

After driving it out.

View attachment 32672

Boo.
Wow. Glad you are OK.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I'm sure it has nothing to do with Loveland's weather, slow lifts and high number of flats.

Most Colorado bowls have runouts - pretty much a feature of our glacial terrain. The bigger question is how those various aspects wind load consistently or not.

Wind is a much more frequent and consistent visitor than powder, but the vast majority of people don’t chase it. I really hope it stays that way, especially since Luv often produces a perfect powder and wind whip consistency.

778CDC46-2F6E-4508-A1DB-44B9DC913CD8.jpeg

^^^^April 21st.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Loveland is a LOT of fun. It has two main "fun zones". The steep lines right off the ridge and the steeper areas below treeline. The terrain in between is indeed not so great.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
The terrain in between is indeed not so great.

Truth. But the snow in between is often excellent. We mostly talk about terrain, but plenty of people think snow > terrain rather than terrain > snow.

That single preference should probably heavily weight most people’s choice of home mountain...

Sponsor