• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Looking forward to this thread. Sadly only have a 4pack this year to Luv -- and a few comps to be used prior to the end of the calendar year.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Looking forward to this thread. Sadly only have a 4pack this year to Luv -- and a few comps to be used prior to the end of the calendar year.

Where did you migrate to?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Where did you migrate to?

Everywhere.

I promised my better half that I'd get the Epic Local after long resisting. All her friends have it and we've spent 3 years not skiing with them because of the insane day-pass prices. If nothing else, early/late season Abasin is fun, and I'll finally get to ski Vail.

My buddies and all their wives went RMSP+. They are the crew I ski with the majority of the time, my regular carpool companions and few of the idiots that want to ski as hard and as long as me. So I have that pass as well.

So that covers 11 mountains in CO. 3 days at each makes for 33 inbounds days. Plus hoping to up my BC days this year from around 15 to 20ish. Which should be just about right at 50-55 days total.

Last edited:
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
I’ve gone completely the opposite, not renewing RMSP+ for the first time. I’m now pure Loveland Pass with Luv and A-Basin.

I suspect I’ll be about 75/25 percentage split, respectively. It just got too hard to drive past Luv last season for what it earned me (crowds and traffic).

I guess we’ll see if this is mostly just my own Luv fanboy page ogsmile. Planning as of now to hit opening day.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
In an ideal world there would be a Luv + Abasin + Copper pass.

In my realistic world I would have Luv + Abasin/Keystone.

Must say, the removal of 3 free days from Crested Butte was a let down this year and made it easier not to renew.

Reactions: nay

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I'll be there Friday! I hope my Loveland card arrives in the mail before then, but I suspect it's actually cheaper to pay the window rate early season.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
It was like $34 last season so likely cheaper on Friday to just pay. As a general rule this time of year, if you stop in the Loveland parking lot and check the A-Basin webcam, you’ll probably stay and pay.

That’s how I ended up with a season pass, because really in the cost of skiing, $300 and change is nothing to avoid hours and hours in lift lines over the course of a season. That pass pays for itself in gas and food savings.

See you there!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
That’s how I ended up with a season pass, because really in the cost of skiing, $300 and change is nothing to avoid hours and hours in lift lines over the course of a season. That pass pays for itself in gas and food savings.

Yeah. I have a unique set of circumstances, or I'd be on board.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@nay - what time should I plan to be there to get at least a mid-range spot in the main parking lot? Not with your "unique" parking technique - regular old directed parking.

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
@nay - what time should I plan to be there to get at least a mid-range spot in the main parking lot? Not with your "unique" parking technique - regular old directed parking.

That’s a good question. I’m planning to get there around 9:30. It’s hard to know whether this will be another random ‘Loveland lot is full without many people skiing’ day or not.

A-Basin didn’t soften at all until around noon, so the other strategy is get there when some racer types are leaving and the snow has been worked for a few hours.

I think I’d be there by 9 if I was playing it safe for good ole directed parking. It is still a weekday and the EpicHordes will be across the pass, but it’s not a huge lot.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I just arrived and am in the third row. Not what I expected!

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Thinking about hitting it this afternoon.
Scratch that.
Not thinking about it. I'm dong it.
Hope to see some of you around noon:daffy:

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
So I drove by Loveland with nobody there because a certain teenage boy and his friend were stoked for A-Basin and wouldn’t listen.

So it’s my job to twist the knife when they put it in their own back. Have fun at the Luv!

Edit. F this. I’m rolling over to Luv. Holla!

Last edited:
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Ok so I just ran into @Monique and her friend Shirley, and then we were going to take a selfie and I fell over and knocked Shirley down. So that’s how cool I am.

It is so good as usual. Nobody here. Snow is like spring skiing, run is a mile long with 1K vert with rollers, and it’s fast. I’m laying over detuned 105s and holding edge fine.

984F6204-8DED-4AA2-AF4D-AF45783B6978.jpeg 2BDAF532-D319-4EBE-A92C-BC0E0C8A60B5.jpeg 5BECF7FF-1B35-40B4-AD03-8DDA30F3CFCD.jpeg 2D80A54A-C475-461F-9908-40FF922886FF.jpeg

The WROD. So awful. Never ever do it.

Sponsor