• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Another top sheet repair query: close encounter with a snowboarder.

James

Out There
Instructor
Honestly, I was just thinking @DebbieSue might be a candidate for a 60grit diamond.
Thought the same, but then what?
Of course by the time she buys 3-4 sheets of sand paper for the different grits, plus finds a flat stick, she’ll be bon jovied to the diamond stone anyway.

Should we go to 600 wet sand on the patch?

Too bad Perkin-Elmer didn’t spend this much time thinking on the Hubble Space telescope mirror polishing. It wouldn’t have required fixing in orbit.

Reactions: mdf

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
Less than stamp size, flat, made to smooth things, not a big investment, might already have one floating around the house.... hmmm.... emery board?

James

Out There
Instructor
*shrug* either - exfoliation as needed.

I mean microplane zesters were originally only a woodworking tool.
The only problem with the 60grit might be the depth of the scratches. She might not be able to get them out. You know that’s coming,

Also, stand by for @GregK to be called on to ship 1 drop of ceramic paint sealant from Canada. How this is accomplished might take a page. Pre-loaded Q-tip?
But the epoxy patch must be properly sealed!
Honestly, I thought the original nail polish idea was pretty good.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I’d take a close up pic of the colour of the ski edge and then go to you auto parts store that should have nail polish sized touch up paint with a small brush included in the bottle. Try to get as close as possible to the colour of the ski. Then after maybe smoothing the sidewall part smooth with higher grit sandpaper or nail file, seal the spot on the top sheet with the touch-up paint.

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
Honestly, I was just thinking @DebbieSue might be a candidate for a 60grit diamond.
Here ya go:

IMG_3465.jpeg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Ah... "half way there" to a diamond stone well enough done sandpaper job but interrupted by crazy diamond shine.

is how I read it.

Honestly, the first thing I'm thinking of trying @Slidewrights coarse diamond rasps on is shaping cork or densified foam, on the notion that it's less tearout than a rasp and possibly less grit fallout than ordinary extra-coarse.

Sponsor