• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada WWYD: Mont Sainte Anne or Le Massif de Charlevoix?

WWYD: Mont Sainte Anne or Le Massif de Charlevoix?

• Mont Sainte Anne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Le Massif de Charlevoix

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeesh, forgot about that.

I’m happily ensconced in my hotel room at the base of MSA. They upgraded me to a “loft” suite. Ultimately chose the ski-in ski-out place at MSA for reasons of economy and being able to duck into my hotel room to deal with anything urgent at work. The drive through the plains of Quebec province was a bit hairier than expected, but ultimately not too bad.

You people are pessimistic! Where is your sense of adventure?! I didn’t have any reason to stay at home.

We will see how this storm pans out. If it’s several inches to a foot overnight and free refills all day, I will be happy. I only booked for one night. If the storm pans out, I’ll extend for a second and if it doesn’t, I’ll head home tomorrow night. Low commitment and expense aside from gas money, reasonably-priced lift tickets and hours spent on the road with some podcasters cracking jokes.

Coda: Because the hotel was paid for with points, the total cost of my trip including meals, lift tickets and gas for 2 days was $317.5 and that included the splurge-y dinner on Wednesday night. Since I just sold some skis for $320, by my Ski Math (tm), the trip was essentially free. :cool:
This was a super fun adventure to follow. Love your spontaneity.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I’m back south of the border. Snow was not quite as good today,t of the time, the snow time cleared my head. I didn’t realize I was feeling particularly burnt out before I left and I feel a lot better.

Anyone else looking at the weather for the end of this week as a possible repeat of the above system?

S.H.

USSA Coach
Skier
What passes are those places on? I forgot.
MSA is part of the "Resorts of the Canadian Rockies" (along with Fernie, Kicking Horse, Kimberley, Nakiska, and Stoneham). Epic pass holders get 7 days combined at these resorts.

Le Massif is part of the Mountain Collective pass, but otherwise is independent, I think.

Sponsor

Staff online