• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Which FWT ski would you pick?

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Say, someone has bribed people to extreme levels and you're on the Freeride World Tour.

Which ski do you pick for the competition?

For me: Blizzard Rustler 11.

robertc3

Out on the slopes
Skier
If actual me is going to get thrown on to the Bec I want a ski I am 100% comfortable skiing, so my Moment Wildcat 108s even if they are not what the FWT pros ski. If I get Max Hitzig's skills to go along with my new skis then probably the Sender Free 110 or the Mindbender 116C.

LindseyB

Stöckli
Industry Insider
Manufacturer
Declivity X last season version would be a good choice. It is like a SR 115 with almost as high a speed limit and a more modern tip rocker shape. The next time a Stormrider over 110mm is made, I'll go with that. Nothing like no speed limit across garbage snow to stomp a line.

Last edited:

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The OG Fischer Ranger 115 XTi. Supposedly nicknamed "The Truth" in the 190+ cm pro length as in "You can't handle the truth". Well, I did for a few seasons at 188 cm then I aged out and sold it.

1000000039.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Am I throwing just a single back flip or a double? Gotta figure out the weight.

The Bec des Rosses where the finals are, is just nuts. I wouldn’t ski it. I might ski the extreme left, not on the face, with a guide.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Blizzard Bodacious, either the first, or last priduction year.

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a pair of salomon qst 106 which I love and was surprised to find are in the fwt.

Magikarp

Putting on skis
Skier
Declivity X last season version would be a good choice. It is like a SR 115 with almost as high a speed limit and a more modern tip rocker shape. The next time a Stormrider over 110mm is made, I'll go with that. Nothing like no speed limit across garbage snow to stomp a line.
Could you share more about your experiences on the Declivity X? I have the 185cm version and can't figure out if I like it or not. All I know so far is I feel like a superhero on them in a straight line and stuggle a bit in trees.

James

Out There
Instructor
Underwhelming.

Black Ops 118, or Praxis GPO.
You mean the ski is overwhelmed by conditions and terrain. Think East Ridge at Abasin but make it much steeper and add a lot more rocks.

Look at Blizzard of Ah’s and Scot Schmidt in the Poubelle Couloir. Underwhelming by today’s standards.

SpeedyKevin

Out on the slopes
Skier
I have 2 skis used on the FWT -> Dancer 3 188 and Sender Free 191. Really like both of them...the Sender is a bit more damp and easier for me to bash through crud. The dancer on the other hand is a lighter swing weight and is easier to snake through a questionable area. If the comp area was more soft / has fresh snow, I'd pick the sender. If its been a few days since the last snow fall....Dancer

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You mean the ski is overwhelmed by conditions and terrain. Think East Ridge at Abasin but make it much steeper and add a lot more rocks.

Look at Blizzard of Ah’s and Scot Schmidt in the Poubelle Couloir. Underwhelming by today’s standards.
Yes, wrong ski. His skiing was underwhelming to me, as a result. Maybe reminds me of myself, how I'd do on better skis,
if I was nuts enough.

Drew Tabke was/is on the Praxis GPOs when he was winning (or finishing high up in) those extreme ski world championships.
There were a lot of videos of him on similar terrain, including his winning runs. What a contrast. :)

Sponsor