• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Lofcaudio

Getting off the lift
Skier
I have lodging reserved in Telluride for the end of January. I will be making a decision in the next two weeks whether to cancel that reservation. Not only has Telluride not gotten any snow, there's not much in the extended forecast either. Very rough start to the season...

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I have lodging reserved in Telluride for the end of January. I will be making a decision in the next two weeks whether to cancel that reservation. Not only has Telluride not gotten any snow, there's not much in the extended forecast either. Very rough start to the season...

If they do not get 3-4 feet in the next two weeks cancel or consider another resort in Colorado thats closer to the divide and further north.

oswaldr2

Getting on the lift
Skier

Were you driving from DEN or flying to a closer Airport for Telluride?

oswaldr2

Getting on the lift
Skier
Neither. Driving all the way in from Missouri (through Colorado Springs) looking to maximize our Mountain Collective Pass which gives us 3 days at Telluride and 2 at Aspen.

That's a nice 5 day loop. Can you push back to Feb/March?

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I am considering the same question for Taos at the beginning of February.
Not looking good.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I guess I need to finish building my bike. No significant storms to be seen anywhere on the horizon for CO. This year is going to be worse than 11/12.:nono:

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I guess I need to finish building my bike. No significant storms to be seen anywhere on the horizon for CO. This year is going to be worse than 11/12.:nono:

So far it has been worse no question about it.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I still have faith that it will snow, but what makes me sad is that I love winter snow so much. Last Dec/Jan was so nice because the big dumps were cold and soft and didn't turn to muck when the sun came out.

(Otherwise, I mean, I'm going to Japan, so whatever.)

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a saying for times like these. It goes like this: Some years are better than others, this isn't one of them.

That can fit many situations, as in -- some days are warmer than others ..... or some snow conditions are bette than others You get the idea. You just gotta live with it.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I still have faith that it will snow, but what makes me sad is that I love winter snow so much. Last Dec/Jan was so nice because the big dumps were cold and soft and didn't turn to muck when the sun came out.

(Otherwise, I mean, I'm going to Japan, so whatever.)

LOL, yeah, so last winter I had to have hand surgery in early december and missed skiing until mid-january. I missed out on all that awesome december dumpage, then only skied about 25 days with pretty much no powder before hip surgery in March so I am really hoping the snow comes in soon. In the meantime, Loveland is skiing really well so I will make the best of what I have. At least I can physically ski this season.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
So far it has been worse no question about it.

Yeah, I remember in 2011/12 I actually skied trees (The Burn on Peak 10) in late December. It was a bad idea, which I realized after the third time I face planted. I had just gotten so used to consequence-free skiing in the previous season. But it was covered enough to seem like a good idea.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
LOL, yeah, so last winter I had to have hand surgery in early december and missed skiing until mid-january. I missed out on all that awesome december dumpage, then only skied about 25 days with pretty much no powder before hip surgery in March so I am really hoping the snow comes in soon. In the meantime, Loveland is skiing really well so I will make the best of what I have. At least I can physically ski this season.

Which is a really good point that we all should remember.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I’m the mean time. My powder stake is very lonely.

DA78580D-FB72-43E0-A7BF-AE11BF7C4D7B.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online