• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Is the draft beer 3.2?
Or 4. I always ignore the draft beer lists in Utah. Unless it's a beer that's naturally 4%. Otherwise, it tastes like crap. But, notice the large list of NON draft beer. There's a reason for that ogwink

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
3.2 beer is one of the stupidest things ever invented. When I was a student at Akron University the laws in Ohio allowed 18-20 year olds to buy 3.2 beer only, because somehow the law makers thought that would result in less intoxicated students. We used to laugh at the politicians as we just drank twice as much liquid, got just as drunk as if we drank 5% beer, but had to go to the bathroom more often.:roflmao:

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
3.2 beer is one of the stupidest things ever invented. When I was a student at Akron University the laws in Ohio allowed 18-20 year olds to buy 3.2 beer only, because somehow the law makers thought that would result in less intoxicated students. We used to laugh at the politicians as we just drank twice as much liquid, got just as drunk as if we drank 5% beer, but had to go to the bathroom more often.:roflmao:

What a slacker!!!!

I went to high school in Ohio and had an passable ID and bought the good stuff. I was a popular kid :)

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Utah is renowned for its 3.2 percent ABW beer. But if Utah beers were measured in the same fashion as most other beers (by volume), it’s really 4.0 percent ABV beer. This percentage is just slightly less than the average alcohol content of most mainstream beers. Alcohol by weight (ABW) is 80 percent of the amount by volume (ABV).

When you measure by weight, you’ll find 3.2 grams of alcohol in every 100 grams of beer. But since beer is a liquid, it makes more sense to measure it volumetrically (ABV). So, in 100 milliliters of beer, there are 4 milliliters of alcohol. Internationally, that’s how alcohol is measured.

So when putting Utah beer up against so-called “high-point beer” in other states (excepting Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado, where grocery stores only sell 3.2 beer), the difference isn’t enough to cry about. Common, big-name brews like Budweiser and Coors are only .4-.5 percent stronger, and most light beers only have about .2 percent more kick than Utah’s supposedly daintier beers. Around the world, weaker beers are what people drink day in and day out. If you go into a Scottish pub, there are a lot of beers that are way below 4 percent alcohol.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Utah is renowned for its 3.2 percent ABW beer. But if Utah beers were measured in the same fashion as most other beers (by volume), it’s really 4.0 percent ABV beer. This percentage is just slightly less than the average alcohol content of most mainstream beers. Alcohol by weight (ABW) is 80 percent of the amount by volume (ABV).

When you measure by weight, you’ll find 3.2 grams of alcohol in every 100 grams of beer. But since beer is a liquid, it makes more sense to measure it volumetrically (ABV). So, in 100 milliliters of beer, there are 4 milliliters of alcohol. Internationally, that’s how alcohol is measured.

So when putting Utah beer up against so-called “high-point beer” in other states (excepting Oklahoma, Kansas and Colorado, where grocery stores only sell 3.2 beer), the difference isn’t enough to cry about. Common, big-name brews like Budweiser and Coors are only .4-.5 percent stronger, and most light beers only have about .2 percent more kick than Utah’s supposedly daintier beers. Around the world, weaker beers are what people drink day in and day out. If you go into a Scottish pub, there are a lot of beers that are way below 4 percent alcohol.
I was told there would be no science in this thread. :doh:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, well, well... look what just arrived (actually the Sugarbush one arrived a couple of days ago). Wish I could get the Alta and Snowbird passes via mail as well...

MCPPasses.jpg

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did you have to ask for them to send the tickets or do they just show up? This is my first time having the MCP and I have Sugarbush on my list as well.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, well, well... look what just arrived (actually the Sugarbush one arrived a couple of days ago). Wish I could get the Alta and Snowbird passes via mail as well...

View attachment 34850
So Dave you submitted your request in October and just received them now? I wonder what would happen if i submit for Sugarbush now and want to use it next weekend. It doesn't sound like I'll get it mailed in time, but will it prevent me from then picking up in person if I want to use it before it is mailed? Not sure I want to test it to find out:)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
So Dave you submitted your request in October and just received them now? I wonder what would happen if i submit for Sugarbush now and want to use it next weekend. It doesn't sound like I'll get it mailed in time, but will it prevent me from then picking up in person if I want to use it before it is mailed? Not sure I want to test it to find out:)

Yeah, I wouldn't try it too close to the day you want to use it. But I submitted mine really early too. I don't know what the quickest turn around they'll give you is.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I've created a new thread to tally who's attending Snowbasin, and who would be willing to pitch in a few bucks to reserve a private room there to hold our gear and drink some beer ;) Please go to this thread: https://pugski.com/threads/2018-utah-gathering-snowbasin-roll-call-private-room.7665/

Thanks to a very generous anonymous donor, the Huntington Room is covered! Should have it secured later today!
Thanks for everyone's support--it will be a really great meeting and eating place and I believe will enhance the experience there a great deal. And, it's finally starting to snow here!
Looking forward to seeing everyone here!

Last edited:
TS
Uncle Louie

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online