• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NSFW Ski Designs

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
A snow board is a fat short ski.
@cantunamunch, IDK why you liked that poor analogy, you've been around long enough to know that Short Skis are the Sawed off Shotguns of skis! Not a pair of anorexic snowboards!
fk2_233_short_skis_from_the_mid_70s__30_t_580a8192ca90a.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
You don't? It's because I know a snowboard is secretly two fat short skis.

Ghost is on the path to this enlightenment, and I am obliged to be encouraging :)

DebbieSue

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

WHERE DOES WAIFU COME FROM?​

waifu

i0.kym-cdn.com
Waifu originates as a Japanese borrowing and rendering of the English word wife. Evidence for the term in Japanese dates back to at least the 1980s, when some younger Japanese people may have adopted wife as an alternative to the gender limitations implied by the traditional term, kanai, which literally means “inside the house.”
Waifu developed a more specialized meaning in English-speaking anime and manga culture, however, in the 2000s. In the 2002 anime Azumanga Daioh, some students find a photograph a teacher has dropped and ask who the woman in it is. The teacher replies “my wife” in English, which is often transcribed as mai waifu thanks to Japanese pronunciation and transliteration practices.
Anime fans began using waifu to refer to a character they were particularly fond of, one they viewed as being special to them. The earliest Urban Dictionary entry for this use of the word dates from 2007, and there’s evidence that the term dates back in its anime sense to at least 2006. It also spread outside the anime fandom, so that characters from video games or even live-action television shows can also be called waifu.

Waifu??? Had to look it up. This forum is a continued source of enlightenment. I may be on a different path than ghost.
Query: is there such a thing as husbandfu? studfu? Old Spice guy fu?

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Waifu??? Had to look it up. This forum is a continued source of enlightenment. I may be on a different path than ghost.
Query: is there such a thing as husbandfu? studfu? Old Spice guy fu?

”Trully wonderfull the mind of the anime uninitiated is’

Master Yoda, 22 BBY

The male version of waifu is quite obviously called husbando. Toji Fushiguro, Kakashi Natake, Gojo Saturo and Levi Ackerman to name a few.

But no need to go this way. If you do you will undoubtedly end binge watching Eva and rethinking your life for it is DEEP.
Mariana Trench ain’t got nothing on Eva.

Last edited:

Sponsor