• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

NSFW Ski Designs

Magikarp

Putting on skis
Skier
I was shopping for some older used skis to teach with and came across some of K2's older ski designs. I chuckled a bit at some of the topsheet and base designs for the Public Enemy, Silencer, Fujative etc.

I opted out of looking into these further but actually thought some of the designs were pretty clean. I don't need over-protective parents staring at me at the lift line.:duck: But what were these designs about? Was that the trend at the time with other brands as well? Is this still a thing today?

6d9476048a9d6cb31f7221bc235b3650_400x1000.jpg
k2-pe-public-enemy-skis-2008-.jpg

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
But what were these designs about? Was that the trend at the time with other brands as well? Is this still a thing today?

Marketing. "You ride a twintip. You ride park. You are a rebel. Never mind having a cause, you ARE a rebel just because. Buy our twintips to prove it"

Yes but K2 were over the top with it.

Not really - but you can see for yourself over on Newschoolers.

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
My OG Motherships were kinda tame with a railcar on the tails and just general grey so I found a bright pink sticker ( Burton I think) of a silhouette of a pig on a leash being stepped on by a stilletoed dominatrix. It was a conversation starter - claimed it represented a blow for feminism.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was shopping for some older used skis to teach with and came across some of K2's older ski designs. I chuckled a bit at some of the topsheet and base designs for the Public Enemy, Silencer, Fujative etc.

I opted out of looking into these further but actually thought some of the designs were pretty clean. I don't need over-protective parents staring at me at the lift line.:duck: But what were these designs about? Was that the trend at the time with other brands as well? Is this still a thing today?

View attachment 185771 View attachment 185772
These were part of a collection that all the sizes together painted the picture.

1670992541324.png

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I remember seeing these in person for the first time and I could not believe it LOL. I always thought of Head as a more buttoned up brand but then they used to make these!
View attachment 188008
View attachment 188009

Talk about icebreaker and convo starter on the lift… :ogbiggrin:
you mean: convo starter and ENDER!

Actually, I love the add, a poster would be cool to have.

The skis, other than as a decor element for the digs, No, just No!

Imaging the sad sack insel sporting the monochromatic on black pair while walking or skiing past base area watering hole deck getting a pitcher of beer dumped on him by ski bunnies on the deck above! Get on the quad chair lift with the wrong trio of women, they'll push him off! Can't imagine dude skiing up to a woman ski patrol and her not pointing the dude in the direction of the nearest unmarked cliff! Unless the guy is a 14 year old, then they'll probably just do their best model on the cat walk impersonation, visually tease the kid, ski or walk away giggling out loud among their gal pals.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
you mean: convo starter and ENDER!

Actually, I love the add, a poster would be cool to have.

The skis, other than as a decor element for the digs, No, just No!

Imaging the sad sack insel sporting the monochromatic on black pair while walking or skiing past base area watering hole deck getting a pitcher of beer dumped on him by ski bunnies on the deck above! Get on the quad chair lift with the wrong trio of women, they'll push him off! Can't imagine dude skiing up to a woman ski patrol and her not pointing the dude in the direction of the nearest unmarked cliff! Unless the guy is a 14 year old, then they'll probably just do their best model on the cat walk impersonation, visually tease the kid, ski or walk away giggling out loud among their gal pals.

Hahah maybe, maybe…but remember-everything is relative AND contextual, so you never know.. :ogbiggrin:

The only thing that’d stop me from buying these is I am Euro-means allergic to conversations with strangers on the lift :ogbiggrin:
We just don’t do much of that around here.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online