• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada Mont Ste Anne Gondola Crash

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
The Gondola is running again, as are all the lifts. Provincial government shut the whole place down. Trail count is low because there is no natural snow and warm temps make it hard to make snow.

Tremblant today was 92/102.

TS
Tony S

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Trail count is low because there is no natural snow and warm temps make it hard to make snow.
Really? I thought the Quebec City area had been doing fine, comparatively. Le Massif, down the road, seems to have most of their terrain open.

AlexisLD

Getting off the lift
Skier
The Gondola is running again, as are all the lifts. Provincial government shut the whole place down. Trail count is low because there is no natural snow and warm temps make it hard to make snow.

Tremblant today was 92/102.
I am pretty sure that the gondola is still not running. All lifts closed after the gondola crashed and the following inspection by the authorities. The other lifts opened a few weeks after that, but my understanding is that they are still waiting for a professional engineer's signature to certify the safety of the gondola... Not sure who will want to sign that paperwork given its history!

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
K says it is NOT running. And they don't know when it will be. Other lifts are OK and passed inspection. She didn't mentioned the snow conditions. I know she wasn't skiing MSA this pass weekend. Her SO had obligations elsewhere, so they were down in the Townships.

Sponsor

Staff online