• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Boot Warmer recommendation?

MattSmith

Out on the slopes
Skier
I use and recommend this boot dryer. Hotronic Snapdry Glove and Boot dryer.

I've traveled with it extensively. It's held up fine. Works great. Timer is a nice feature. Relatively quite, but just enough of a purr to drown the snores of a bunk mate.
31sT9vCu1KL.jpg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
just enough of a purr to drown the snores of a bunk mate.

You need a new bunk mate. :D

The snapdry is noiser than the Thermic. But lot more durable.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I have the Dry guy like in your second link........ and use it for everything....... ski gear, wet suit gear, hiking etc.....Nice bec w/ Dry guy water drips out of the shells and we suit booties/gloves and does not drip into the mechanism...... it's expensive but super sturdy. For travel I have the cylindrical drying units that fit inside the boots like post #10.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We had a DryGuy, but I think we gave it to someone who was going on a trip and needed a portable boot dryer. Maybe it was @Jasmine
It works well.

TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
so the DryGuy boot dryer is too big for my situation, I don't have a ski lease so would need to haul it up and back to tahoe from the sf bay area each trip we make, we usually go up for anywhere from 2-3 days to a week.

so thanks to the responses here, I want to get a smaller one to try out.

should I get

https://www.amazon.com/Manledio-Ele...TF8&qid=1512794904&sr=8-7&keywords=boot+dryer

or

https://www.amazon.com/Hotronic-Sna...512795046&sr=8-2&keywords=boot+dryer+hotronic

I'm leaning toward the hotronic as that may do the job, will jsut have to take turns using it on everyones boots / gloves...

I'm ready to pull the trigger and order now...

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't have any experience with the first one you linked. Looks a bit clunky. Especially with a inverted pair of ski boot on top.

The hotronic is very durable. I have one that is still going after 6 seasons.
The Thermic fold up one usually last about 2 seasons.

TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
thanks

I just purchased the hotronic from amazon!!!

TS
M

murphysf

Ski Well, Be Well.
Skier
update

just got in a few days of skiing and used hotronic snapdry worked great for our boots and my kids mittens , highly recommend!

Roundturns

Getting off the lift
Skier
Got the Hotronic ski socks a couple weeks ago. Went to the shop to upgrade my boot heaters to the more powerful newer Hotronic units, and the shop owner said he was no longer selling these boot heaters and only carried the socks.
He indicated the sock battery provided more heat longer. Anyway used them a couple days and really like them.
Need to get another pair of socks so I have 2 pair. $90.00 for the second pair of socks.
Skied this AM and it was -3 F out at Seven Springs. Wore the Hotronic socks with boot gloves and my left toes still got cold after 1 HR 30 min.
But I would endorse the Hotronic socks as a real good product for those of you suffering from cold toes

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
My DryGuy 12vTravel dryers are backups and not that old but they have died. I tried to order Dry N Warm tubes ( my preferred boot dryers) online but couldn't find a seller who would ship to my Canadian address and Amazon.ca (Canadian) "currently can't supply". So I ordered some Peet dryers from Mountain Equipment Co-op for $40Cdn.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
dry & warm tubes: first full test, after a full day skiing at minus 6 to 8 C yesterday,boots this a.m. were completely dry, easy to put on, warm & comfortable. hot spot on ankle bone still existed but not to the point of pain.
verdict so far is very good value for cost.

FWIW ran them for about six hours after skiing, then in wife`s boots for rest of the night, and back in mine for maybe 90 minsbefore booting up. she was also pleased with results.

Last edited:

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
My DryGuy 12vTravel dryers are backups and not that old but they have died. I tried to order Dry N Warm tubes ( my preferred boot dryers) online but couldn't find a seller who would ship to my Canadian address and Amazon.ca (Canadian) "currently can't supply". So I ordered some Peet dryers from Mountain Equipment Co-op for $40Cdn.
They're still available to us down here. I'm sure you could ask a pal whose resort you're visiting on your next safari to order a pair for you.
Screenshot_20180107-083041.png

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
They're still available to us down here. I'm sure you could ask a pal whose resort you're visiting on your next safari to order a pair for you.
View attachment 36607

Thanks for the suggestion, but yesterday I did some more online searching and found 2 sellers who ship to Canada,one with $20 shipping and one with $13 shipping and with the Cdn dollar stronger now than its been in a while, a pair of Dry N Warm tubes are already in transit.:yahoo:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Philpug
    Notorious P.U.G.
  • Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid