• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

A safe vehicle or better gas mileage??? I got my answer yesterday

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
There's a Facebook group for Alltrack owners. They are big on tires and wheels discussions.

Really great to know. I'm really into wheels and tires. I'm going to have to build one on VW's website :) and then drag Michael off to a dealership. I'll get him to buy one first and then we'll go from there ha ha.

Last edited:

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Diagonally is how they fit. I took my skis and physically put them in Terry's crosstrek and there seemed to be a ton of room to spare. Both seats folded down. In fairness I didn't sit in the front seat and move the seats to where I'd need them, etc. Terry's a little shorter than I am so not sure what position her front seats were in. That could make a difference too. Also, our skis range from 163-177 so I only put the 163cm ones in. You are right, I'd definitely need to do some more investigating before getting one :)
I have an Impreza (same body as Crosstrek). My skis (168 cm) fit diagonally. If I have to put my SOs in too (longer), I start to worry about the skis. They fit, but to avoid scratching, dinging up edges, etc, we'd have to wrap skis or put in bags. Which we don't do.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm ridiculously picky about what I drive.
How picky can you be, you are driving a Smurf Blue Jeep? :duck:

I'd have to sit in one and see if it speaks to me :). Nice color. Need to research more to see if I could even afford one. Not sure of pricing.
Out the door pricing (plus title fees) are in the low $20's to low $30's. IMHO no comparison to the drive to the CrossTrek.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
How picky can you be, you are driving a Smurf Blue Jeep? :duck:

Out the door pricing (plus title fees) are in the low $20's to low $30's. IMHO no comparison to the drive to the CrossTrek.

Hahaha you funny man :). I only wanted bright blue, fire engine red or bright orange.

Wow great pricing. That's cheaper than a fully loaded wrangler.

I do like being high up though.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Bright red
Volkswagen-Golf-Alltrack-front-quarter-static-2.jpg

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have you seen the subie vs vw thread, @surfsnowgirl? That has me wanting my next car to be an Alltrack or Sportwagen. I grew up with VWs, and while my Impreza is fine, it doesn't drive like a VW.

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I want a cookie too :)

@lulski. I will check out that thread. I'm definitely intrigued.

I still remember that jetta loaner I had when my vehicle was being repaired years ago. I had so much fun driving that damn thing try could have kept my car.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Have you actually driven the Crosstrek? I haven't, but on paper it looks rather underpowered to me.

As for Subaru safety. I made a mistake in 2008 and ran my 2004 WRX into an Outback. Both vehicles totaled. I was fine, and I believe the couple in the other vehicle were pretty okay. Certainly walking around. When I see the Subaru ads about safety, I tear up. Can't help it.

I loved that WRX, and as far as I'm concerned, she gave her life for me. Her name was "Roxie" :)

TS
surfsnowgirl

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@Monique no I've never driven the crosstrek. That's a must for me so I will drive one. I like a vehicle to have balls so underpowered isn't good for me. I'll test drive the alltrack too as part of my research.

I'm sorry about your beloved Roxie, RIP sweet car.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

jzmtl

Intermidiot
Skier
I liked Alltrack till I saw the price, it cost more than my turbo Forester, with 80 less HP.

Lack of center pass through is annoying in Subaru though, hell even Hyundai has them now.

With these turbo motors it may say you can use regular fuel, but in reality it'll run better on premium. It's most noticeable when you need to accelerate, on regular the engine would seem anemic above around 4k RPM while on premium it'll keep pulling.

Sponsor