• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2023-2024 Colorado Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Impressive.

Breck reported 7, but upper mountain skied a lot deeper than that. Two delightful George's run finished the day after starting on 10 and shifting north as things progressed.

strava176586217738048428.jpg

Full Trucker

Frikkin' Newb
Skier

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Lookin' real nice, fo'sho. If you think of it, please report back if Mirkwood opens. I'm sure I have at least one friend up today that I can pester, but in case they don't stay long enough. I might be able to get up there tomorrow morning and knock out a couple laps in the bowl.
Will do.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Soooo...

Peak Skis is having a two-fer sale on their skis again. Two for $999 (excluding the 78s). Does anyone have an interest in going in on a pair with me? I'm looking at the 88 by Bode but only want one pair. I'm not 100% certain I'm going to pull the trigger but definitely won't unless someone wants to join in.

Last edited:

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
What a day at Vail today. We were in the first push of skiers to go to Blue Sky Basin right when it opened. 12-16" deep in spots right side up.

Some of the most fun powder runs I've had in years back there as well as of the Poma in Mongolia prior to that.

I'm beat. What a great first day.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be around this week/ Wednesday-Monday…staying in Breckenridge/ planning on skiing Breck and getting over to Vail to show friends around the Back Bowls/BSB.

Anybody around/ Thursday-Sunday?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be around this week/ Wednesday-Monday…staying in Breckenridge/ planning on skiing Breck and getting over to Vail to show friends around the Back Bowls/BSB.

Anybody around/ Thursday-Sunday?
I'll be skiing somewhere Sunday... but don't know where yet. Might be Keystone, Breck, Vail, BC, Copper, or A-Basin.

Reactions: BC.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
The afternoon stayed Bent. It snowed hard after beer and tamales and beer, until the bell. This is completely fresh tracks at 2:50 as it loaded back in over the ridgeline. Couldn’t see a damn thing at the end but it had mostly stopped mattering.

IMG_0772.jpeg
IMG_0773.jpeg

The pass closed for about an hour for avy control and that cleared quite a bit of the mountain that seemed to leave before the noon closure (the beer - tamales - beer time).

IMG_0479.jpeg

The 18” tall butterfly isn’t - it will still be deep tomorrow.

IMG_0768.jpeg
@Full Trucker Monarch shows Mirkwood as open - never made it over there as Pano was skiing so well mid morning and then Garfield mid afternoon.

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Woke up this morning, checked snow reports, texted Glenn and off to Cooper I went. Reports were 11” and more was present where we skied.
IMG_7241.jpeg
The poma is a relaxing way to get up the hill.

IMG_7242.jpeg
Bumped into Spencer and Morgan before continuing the pillaging.

IMG_7244.jpeg
Glenn’s guide fees are reasonable.

What an awesome, relaxed day skiing powder.

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
8” reported at Monarch during the day yesterday, officially 22” that fell almost perfectly from 4:00 pm on Sunday to 4:00 pm on Monday.

The ’groomed‘ skiing looked like this. Some of the best runs of the day, because the grooming occurred after the first foot fell and created a trough that filled with perfect consistency snow that nobody was skiing. We probably had 4 clean runs, top to bottom. Don’t get a lot of days where we can take shots like these on basic runs :wag:

IMG_0775.jpeg

Last edited:

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be skiing somewhere Sunday... but don't know where yet. Might be Keystone, Breck, Vail, BC, Copper, or A-Basin.
I am flying in on Friday - skiing Saturday, Sunday, and Monday - booked some Elevate group lessons with one of my favorite instructors (hopefully it will be a level 9 group class of 1 or 2) - but would be interested in an aprés ski meet up. Staying at the base of Peak 9 at Main Street Station

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Today's 'leftovers' were pretty nice.

PXL_20240326_142939385.jpg
First lift ride. The clouds filled in a bit and settled on the summits for less than ideal visibility.

PXL_20240326_153655833.jpg
Outlaw was a tad lumpy but the amount of soft and the windblown fill made it pretty all-right. Picnic table rocked making the repeated Outlaw and Rustler runs quite nice.

strava2870277564503986879.jpg

dred pirate

Booting up
Skier
We are flying into Breck on Saturday - skiing Sun thru Fri - what is the hill like? Wife is strictly a green skiier and I am slightly mroe advanced, but will stick to greens and blues. I enjoy things a little more mellow and less of an adrenaline rish - lol.
Staying at the village - first time to Breck - was checking weather - looks like it might get a little warm, just wondering if gonna be icying in the AM, etc.

cheers

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Today's 'leftovers' were pretty nice.

View attachment 231129
First lift ride. The clouds filled in a bit and settled on the summits for less than ideal visibility.

View attachment 231130
Outlaw was a tad lumpy but the amount of soft and the windblown fill made it pretty all-right. Picnic table rocked making the repeated Outlaw and Rustler runs quite nice.

View attachment 231131
@Doug Briggs what skis should I bring - choice between by Brahma 88s and the Enforcer 100 - leaning towards the Brahmas

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Arrived in Breckenridge this afternoon…stopped at Angry James and Outer Range for some trip arrival beers. Will be skiing at Breck on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday…..Vail on Friday showing some friends around the BB and BSB.

If you see someone on these….say hi/ask for change, comment on how I should be on a more appropriate ski, etc….lol.
IMG_0315.jpeg

Hoping for a nice weekend with friends….

Last edited:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like I'm probably skiing BC Sunday, if anyone is going to be out that way and wants to make a few turns, let me know.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
@Doug Briggs what skis should I bring - choice between by Brahma 88s and the Enforcer 100 - leaning towards the Brahmas
The Brahmas would probably suit you well. Not a lot of fresh but no hot spells either. Right now the skiing is nice with a solid base under new snow. It'll be aging with warmer temps over the weekend, but I expect upper to be wintery and lower to perhaps have some freeze/thaw unless the forecast snow keeps the sun away.

1711602991929.png

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
The not very optimistic forecasts have not thwarted new snow from continuing to refresh the area.

PXL_20240327_195611796.jpg
The last storm cycle yielded 6" on a strong crust. The top layer skied easily while the lower was pool table smooth and firm.

PXL_20240327_205809489_crop.jpg
Part of the new clear cut. The rolls and contours were fun.

PXL_20240327_210207084_rot.jpg
My tracks had refilled in my absence.

PXL_20240327_200739664_crop.jpg
Mmmm.... good.

strava2089287917252106747.jpg

Tomorrow I'm off to Loveland to ski with a friend. It'll be her first alpine ski on her new knee.

Last edited:

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The Brahmas would probably suit you well. Not a lot of fresh but no hot spells either. Right now the skiing is nice with a solid base under new snow. It'll be aging with warmer temps over the weekend, but I expect upper to be wintery and lower to perhaps have some freeze/thaw unless the forecast snow keeps the sun away.

View attachment 231262
Thanks - that what I was thinking

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Loveland was very pleasant today. I skied groomers only as I was with my friend who was trying out her new knee; first alpine ski since a TKR. The new knee was splendid and it's only problem was that it highlighted the deficiencies of the other knee.

PXL_20240328_170859117.jpg

PXL_20240328_180946773.jpg The ridge looked pretty nice.

PXL_20240328_180951908.jpg

PXL_20240328_180957759.jpg

strava6036624733678026979.jpg
We started at the Valley where she could take a few turns without buying a ticket. She felt great right off so we took #7 for a spin then #3 for a couple more before heading to the Basin. Her oxygen generator was acting up after changing the battery so we headed down and almost left, but I was able to coerce the device to use the new battery and we resumed.

Sponsor

Staff online