• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
Still no good storms in the near future for Colorado. This weather is testing my patience...

Maybe a significant storm out of the NW on Thu.

Also, the one legged wild turkey is a sign. Of what I don’t know. But a sign.

919E733D-0DA1-481F-85D9-3D04DB167EED.jpeg

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m heading to LL tomorrow: anyone else?

I’ll be at Eldora. I ran into my new skier friend (pictured above) shopping today. I mentioned that I was probably heading to Eldora tomorrow and she really wants to go again. Who am I to deny a new skier quickly becoming hooked?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
lets not jinx that storm! I decided to say that I wanted it to be 80 degrees and sunny....... (maybe it will work?).

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
lets not jinx that storm! I decided to say that I wanted it to be 80 degrees and sunny....... (maybe it will work?).

I agree. Lets keep it on the DL until it actually happens.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
And here I am stuck in Breckenridge again... Yes I'm....stuck in Breckenridge again..:roflmao:

It was nice to meet you! And thanks for putting up with me getting distracted by all the locals. Everyone's at the Quandry on a Saturday night .. unless they're at Taddeo's! Which now I guess is called Sauce?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
It was nice to meet you! And thanks for putting up with me getting distracted by all the locals. Everyone's at the Quandry on a Saturday night .. unless they're at Taddeo's! Which now I guess is called Sauce?
Great to meet you guys! Love the local chatter. :) hope the Canadian accent didn't mess you guys up too much!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Great to meet you guys! Love the local chatter. :) hope the Canadian accent didn't mess you guys up too much!

LOL! I think we can handle it.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Poor. Twenty runs out of 130. The top does not look good. They need three feet of snow to get a lot open especially the tougher stuff. Lots of people on a few runs so if you're a better skier you're stuck with the hoards. The stuff that is open isn't bad from an Eastern ice skier perspective...

Thx Scott43, spring break it is.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
In some ways I'm thankful life has been too crazy (2 water lines breaking in 2 different houses on back to back days and tons of repair work) to login and follow this thread as it's fairly depressing how this season has started. Up at our NC house we got a foot of snow in one day at 2500' elevation which is unheard of but we were too busy trying to tie up all our loose ends in Florida to make it up there to play or ski.

So I need a little advice....we were supposed to arrive and move into our airbnb house on Jan 1st but then I got antsy and booked some hotels for a few days at the end of Dec to get an early start. The hotels I can cancel but we already paid for the house from Jan 1-Feb 28 so that's not refundable. Seeing that there is a possible shift in the weather pattern in early January, how much snow would it take for Copper and WP to go from what it is now to decent conditions with more open terrain? Would 1-2' be a game changer at least on the groomers I'll be teaching my family on? Last year was their first year but they only got a handful of days on crappy NC man-made snow so we don't need much terrain for me to be able to give them lessons on but I don't want to take them out on packed runs where it's so high density that they are skiing "tight" from being too focused on being run over or hitting others.

Yes, I'd love all of the expert terrain to be open for "me" days but my #1 priority is to feed their stoke and make sure none of them have any major setbacks that kills the fun factor. If they are having fun, I'll be having fun early in our season and then be praying for some big storms throughout Jan-early Mar.

I'd hate to be paying rent on a house that sits vacant but if it's highly likely that the conditions are just going to suck (high density) the first week in Jan then maybe we delay our trip. Ouch, that hurt to even say..... It would really be a bummer as we've been counting down the days since last spring the kids are really wanting the whole winter experience of sledding and playing in the snow on their non-ski days and it sounds like there won't be much of that going on without some fresh storms.

We are committed to having a blast on this trip regardless of the cards we are dealt so we will make the most out of it.
BTW- I'm feeling like a total ass for optimistically adding a pair of Blizzard Spurs to my quiver this year! Ugh!

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
WP just announced the Mary Jane opening, but they got pretty good snow out of the last mini-cycle. I believe Copper opened Timberline.

Not sure I’d come early and deal with Christmas crowds, but there’s plenty of good teaching stoke terrain open now. Just lap Ptarmigan at Luv. Here’s 6 at Luv.

4A96E39A-9536-4BD3-9659-50F40E11D87E.jpeg BA2D6668-008A-4D7D-9CF5-ACAA855178DD.jpeg 5E52E7DD-5EB8-4A83-BAD8-4BB9AEEAD4CF.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Breck was crazy crowded as usual, but we found the space to do some great drills, and I had a breakthrough. So there.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
i thought you were just building your bike?

Loveland totally sucked again today. and they aren't opening up any new terrain......

i hate it so much I bought a season pass today .
SHHHHHHHHH
Everyone go to Vail!
They have the best straw!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited: