• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I don't know what that means, but sure?

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
i thought you were just building your bike?

I'm at an impasse.....waiting on Christmas to be over so I have some cash to buy a wheelset and a seatpost to arrive.....might as well ski.

Loveland totally sucked again today. and they aren't opening up any new terrain......

i hate it so much I bought a season pass today .

I've already got two season passes don't need another.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Wait, wait, wait... "Verboden" is Dutch, so shouldn't you have a Dutch beer and not a Belgian?

I mean, it could still be a quad, but maybe from the correct country. :beercheer:

its spoken in Belgium. its a bit of a mix there. :) and, Belgians are my favorite so.... yeah, its a bit of a stretch

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
We do not speak of any resort north of the wyoming border...... It is Verboden. they are fake resorts. ;););)

This may not be the best time to bring this up but my seat of the pants observations over the years leave me with the conclusion that the best snow years in Colorado are better than the best snow years in the Western Canada interior AND the worst snow years in Colorado are worse than the worst years in the Western Canada Interior....And it is snowing as I type this.:duck:

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Would 1-2' be a game changer at least on the groomers I'll be teaching my family on? Last year was their first year but they only got a handful of days on crappy NC man-made snow so we don't need much terrain for me to be able to give them lessons on but I don't want to take them out on packed runs where it's so high density that they are skiing "tight" from being too focused on being run over or hitting others.

Yes, I'd love all of the expert terrain to be open for "me" days but my #1 priority is to feed their stoke and make sure none of them have any major setbacks that kills the fun factor. If they are having fun, I'll be having fun early in our season and then be praying for some big storms throughout Jan-early Mar.

Hey Dane, yep 1-2' would be a pretty big game changer.

I think Copper is doing a good job at getting terrain open. More opened this weekend including the teaching run in west village. Density is a valid concern but you have the flexibility to be there week days so that helps. The bigger challenge is the stuff you like but no one has that open yet. There is no snow or maybe I should say not much snow on the back side of Copper. Who knows when that will open. But there is good news. If we get more than a couple of inches from this pending storm I think those that like Sierra/Union might be happy this coming weekend. Plus there is a lot of work going on and depending on how much snow we get the terrain you like might be opening sooner than later.

IMG_1266.JPG

Last edited:

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I'm liking what I am seeing/reading on NOAA and Opensnow! Cautiously optimistic.

NOAA Discussion http://forecast.weather.gov/product...JT&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1

" While confidence is high in the overall storm, exact storm
totals are medium- confidence for now. All mountain zones should
do well with this event, especially considering the potential for
excellent snow ratios as 700mb temperatures crash into the -10 to
-20 range. High confidence exists for at least 6" of snow in all
ranges of western Colorado and eastern Utah, with higher totals
possible in the central and northern mountains.

Precipitation should come to an end around midnight Friday in the
central and southern mountains as this system departs to the
east. After a dry day on Friday, the next trough will dive quickly
southward and spread orographic snows into the eastern Uintas
northern Colorado ranges by Friday evening. Strong northwesterly
flow will result in another shot of accumulating snow in the
mountains, however confidence is low in exact totals due to wide
variations in run-to-run QPF totals. With another strong frontal
passage, there will be another chance for some snow in the valleys
as well, however guidance has not been quite as robust on low-
level moisture compared to the Thursday event.

Sponsor

Staff online