• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
It was a year ago that I was contacted by Elisabeth Vincentelli, a freelance writer based out of Brooklyn.
What was supposed to be a quick telephone interview about my thoughts on women's gear and marketing toward women in the ski industry ended up being an hour long conversation about the evolution from female pioneers who affected change in women's ski gear like Jeannie Thoren to irreverent names on skis like the Armada VJJ that became popular for how they ski but with a name you wouldn't soon forget.
At the end of the conversation I wasn't sure how much of our conversation she would use in her article, but I'm proud and excited to say I was quoted a few times.
This article was first published 12/16/16, was linked in our very own Shrink it and Pink it thread by @Yo Momma, but I thought it was worth a revisit.
Women's Skis Gaining Traction - Elisabeth Vincentelli

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is interesting, especially with this topic we had over the summer:
https://forum.pugski.com/threads/we-dont-need-______-for-women.5491/

As a (small) guy, I obviously have a skewed opinion compared to the ladies, but I prefer the "We don't need" opinion from this past topic. Kastle is a good example. They don't make or market skis specific to women, but I've seen multiple shops sell their skinnier skis as women models, when they're really unisex.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You mean this Poser in the snowmobile jckt?!?! http://brettonwoods.com/activities/photos_and_cams/alpine-photos
Reference: Dec 14....... Damn....... forgot my Pugski hat today!!!!!

Tricia... you and Phil ROCK! You have done, and continue to do the work of advancing our sport in all aspects. So glad to see women's gear continue to take off! Girl Power! ( Can I say that????? :huh: )

Last edited:

Sponsor