• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wax for Slow Dirty Snow

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
I don't understand how a hotwaxed ski left unbrushed could be fast in dirty snow unless the snow is ice or extremely abrasive. Perhaps liquids that are not adhered well to the base could be fast as they slough off, but hard wax? I really doubt it and suspect it might pick up dirt.

Adding also that structure is important in wet snow, but dirt loves structure. So I have heard, from my time in XC skiing, that the ideal structures in dirty snow are relatively simple so there are not too many intersections and corners for the dirt to get caught in. I have not tested this.

TS
ARL67

ARL67

Invisible Airwaves Crackle With Life
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was out on my freshly waxed cold-temp and graphite blend today. Today's conditions were the same as yesterday, however -4*C today vs -1*C yesterday. I had a bit better glide but nothing to get excited about. Then lots of snow squalls coming and going, which made the snow even slower. Anyways, I tried -> not going to lose sleep over it or obsess about finding the solution. It's the end of season up here, so glad to be out for a few more days.

altabrig

Drifting like a long radius with some tail rocker.
Skier
Been doing the toko or wintersteiger warm over wintersteiger graphite or toko moly. Not sure I can tell the difference. Prefer some spring Hertel. Not sure any of it works more than a few runs when it starts grabbing except flouro.

JWMN

Getting off the lift
Skier
Been doing the toko or wintersteiger warm over wintersteiger graphite or toko moly. Not sure I can tell the difference. Prefer some spring Hertel. Not sure any of it works more than a few runs when it starts grabbing except flouro.
Zardoz NotWax also works well, used it several times this month. Lasts from a couple runs to 1/2 day, just depends. But is easy to apply when needed.

Sponsor