• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tuning the new Kendo 88

fundad77

Aspiring Ski Bum
Skier
I have 2022 kendo's but haven't skied them much as I was babying them and was injured in 2023. They got beat up a bit at Attitash last week so need to tune. I just checked the edge angle on the first ski with sharpie method and it's 4 degrees. I also have the FK side angle gauge and it was either a 3 or 4 using that, but the tool leaves a lot to be desired so I really don't trust it fully. Could I be doing this wrong or is this something that is possible from the factory? They skied well so not sure if I should just sharpen at 4 or file to three. Thoughts?

TS
Levy1

Levy1

Putting on skis
Skier
I've been skiing volkls one and three for a long time might go to .5 and 3

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have 2022 kendo's but haven't skied them much as I was babying them and was injured in 2023. They got beat up a bit at Attitash last week so need to tune. I just checked the edge angle on the first ski with sharpie method and it's 4 degrees. I also have the FK side angle gauge and it was either a 3 or 4 using that, but the tool leaves a lot to be desired so I really don't trust it fully. Could I be doing this wrong or is this something that is possible from the factory? They skied well so not sure if I should just sharpen at 4 or file to three. Thoughts?
It’s most likely a 1/3……

Can never really go wrong with a 1/3…..on a Volkl.

Last edited:

Sponsor