• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Skier-turned snowboarder-turned skier near WDC

FlyNavy

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Been lurking the forum for a few months and figured I should introduce myself.

Skied alpine in my teens and into college. Then took up snowboarding as a change of pace and stuck to it for the next 20+ years. Returned to skiing about 5 years ago when my kids started getting into the slopes for ski lessons.

I am an advanced skier on groomers, but a hot mess in moguls, and somewhere in the middle off-piste.

I’ll take the family for 1 week to Vermont 1-2 times per year each winter. We used to hit Smugglers Notch, but now go to Stowe (I get really cheap Epic passes as retired military). Have also been to some southern and eastern PA resorts as we live near DC.

Looking to learn more about the sport, equipment, and resorts!

TS
F

FlyNavy

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Welcome from a fellow DC-area skier, @FlyNavy.
Are you part of any DC-area ski clubs? Looking for like-minded folks to enjoy the slopes when I am not with my kids.

Just found the SCWDC group and it looked interesting in terms of trips online.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you part of any DC-area ski clubs? Looking for like-minded folks to enjoy the slopes when I am not with my kids.
No, I'm not... I never have been. Most of my time is skiing with a few local friends, or more likely, folks from this site. And in various places, as I'm lucky to be able to travel.

Sponsor