• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sharing Pivots between two skis with inserts - how to deal with brake width?

six775

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hey, thanks for reading this! Looking for some advice:

I have two pairs of skis, one 112 and the other 94 mm underfoot. I also have a set of Look Pivot 12 GWs with 115 brakes.

I'd like to use Binding Freedom inserts and share the bindings. Based on how complex they are on the Pivots, it doesn't look like swapping brake arms out every time I change skis is possible.

There is a whole brake/turntable assembly available on eBay ($100, ouch)--I think all I'd have to do then is to move the dildo between skis.

Does this make sense? Or should I just pick up another set of bindings (like SPX 12s for ~$150) and be done with it?

Thank you!

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
just move toes, but.. then you have 2 sets of binders... andcan have on both anywyay

moving the heel piece over and swapping brakes is also just 2 screws, but you have to adjust forward pressure again

it kinda works best with same width brakes

inserts are awesome

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does this make sense? Or should I just pick up another set of bindings (like SPX 12s for ~$150) and be done with it?
Of all the bindings to switch between two different skis, the Pivot is about the worst, LOL. Get another set, there are a good amount of low milage used Pivots out there too.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Between the expense of the inserts, brakes and tools, Phil is right, you are better off buying another pair of bindings. You also avoid the hassle of swapping. Spend that time tuning and waxing instead.

TS
S

six775

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
I'll keep my eyes out for another pair of Pivots. Thank you all for the advice!

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
I have had a few sets of skis with inserts. I honestly find it more of an annoyance now.

Sponsor