• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New Member from Europe

Ski Smurf

Here and there
Skier
Hi all,

I look forward to joining this forum. I have been lurking and reading here quite a bit over the last years and love the knowledge and positive culture here!

Let me shortly introduce myself and my skiing.

I am 57 and live in a flatter part of Germany, with the Alps a 7h drive away. So skiing is limited to vacations and/or long weekends. I started skiing at the age of 6 and we went yearly on skiing vacations with my parents, who always sent us to a skiing school until we were 12. (So there is some old fashioned technical basis). Then skiing became a bit irregular due to various circumstances. I restarted in my late 20ths and since then skiied regularly about 10-15 days a year. I normally liked to go fast, but had a very serious accident 12 years ago (Separated Shoulder ,Type V), and since then became a bit more cautious and hesitant, and focus my skiing on enjoying smooth riding. I typically ski on-piste with my daughter and friends (my wife can't ski anymore), and like to go off-piste when conditions are good.

Two years ago i started to take lessons again as I want to get better and more efficient, and it makes quite a difference.

My typical destinations are Ischgl, St Anton, Sölden, Livigno, Lenzerheide/Arosa. Dolomiti is on our radar, but it is a long trip.

Thanks for having me!

Lars

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome! Skied Sölden last year and was just in the Arlberg a couple weeks ago. Great places! Hopefully you can get out soon - snow looks real good over there right now. Unfortunately we got some dreaded r@!n when we were just there.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I want to get better and more efficient

Welcome @Ski Smurf!

I liked the quote from you here, as I think sometimes people don't realize that skiing "better" usually is more efficient too. I know that, given the same terrain, I'm much less tired that I used to be as I've gotten better.

Sponsor

Staff online