• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Men's Atomic HAWX ULTRA XTD 110 BOA GW vs 130

Dauntless

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Just curious as to everyone's opinion as to the comparison of these two boots. I have tried both on. I like the 130 because it has all the bells and whistles. I love the power strap on 130. The 110 has a Velcro power strap, and ski shop I am dealing with tells me everything else is the same, other than the flex. I'm not sure if this is the case, as the liner in the 110 seems much softer to me.
Of course, the 110 is much more comfortable and may act as more of a shock absorber when skiing moguls or off piste terrain. I am just worried I may be giving up performance by not going with the 130, even though it is less comfortable.

I am 5'11" tall, and 197 pounds. I have been skiing since I was a little boy. Grew up in upstate New York, so skiing was four days a week for me. We live on the East Coast, so we ski locally. I also am lucky enough to have a cousin that I grew up with that now lives in Colorado, so we make one or two trips out West each year.

Current skis: Blizzard Bonafide for out West and Kastle MX 83, for East Coast.

I would appreciate any advice as to which flex I should be considering.

Last edited:

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Can you elaborate? Too flexible?

Ultra XTD is a touring boot. Even the 130, even the new version (PU) is nothing like a proper 130 of the real boots.
Judging by where you ski and the ski you own, on 110 XTD you will be so undergunned it is not even funny.

TS
D

Dauntless

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
That's what I was concerned about. One of the boot fitters mentioned that even though it is rated at 130, since it is a touring boot, it may function more like a 120 flex Alpine boot.

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That's what I was concerned about. One of the boot fitters mentioned that even though it is rated at 130, since it is a touring boot, it may function more like a 120 flex Alpine boot.

115 and that if I am being generous.

Sponsor