• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Luxembourg based... European Skier, Ski Enthusiast

Ramcobrax

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi – first posting, newbie to this forum. I’m based in Luxembourg, most of my skiing is in Switzerland and France, sometimes Andorra / Spain. There tends to be less powder days for us, or I’m not in location when the prime snow conditions occur… therefore 70% of my skiing is on piste and the rest looking for some soft stuff to play in.

Ski-wise, I’m driving to resorts most of the time and able to take a few pairs as opposed to any single quiver requirement. And over the last few years I’ve changed ski’s a fair number of times, mainly due to changes in technology and enjoying different experiences.

I started out many years ago and was completely Volkl minded all the way through P7, P8, P9SL, and P10’s to their RTM skis etc. More recently I’ve switched from Blizzard Bonafide 98 (180cm) to Nordica Enforcer 94 (179cm) and have added Stockli Montero AR’s (180cm) and the newer Nordica Steadfast 85 DC (179cm

I have to say the Nordica’s are becoming my go to ski’s… partly because my son hasn’t returned my Montero’s since he borrowed them. The Enforcer 94 is the single ski of choice if I’m flying or restricted for space. The Stockli ski’s are excellent, however, I think the price point is high and when you have Nordica producing such great skis, especially the Enforcer range, it’s fairly easy to stick with them. They absolutely eat up the piste, turn confidently and hold an edge in hard pack, as well as smash through crud and choppy conditions towards the end of the day.

I’ve ordered a pair of Nordica Enforcer 110's (185cm)… and am hoping for fresh snow in Verbier / 4 Valleys next week!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome @Ramcobrax!

I'm a little surprised you don't have some narrower skis... watch out for the FIS SL ski adherents here; They might try to make you buy more skis. :)

TS
Ramcobrax

Ramcobrax

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Welcome @Ramcobrax!

I'm a little surprised you don't have some narrower skis... watch out for the FIS SL ski adherents here; They might try to make you buy more skis. :)
;) The 85's are skinny enough and fantastic, def don't need narrower. When I changed from Volkl RTM 75's to Bonafide 98's it was like a whole new world.... especially towards the end of the day when the piste is smashed up and i can ski along the edges, especially the connecting 'roadways'.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January