• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Living and skiing in NH

Abubob

Booting up
Skier
Started skiing since 1966 when I was 8 years old. I live in New Hampshire now a 15 minute drive from my home mountain, Ragged Mountain in Danbury.

IMG_2808.jpeg

Professionally I’m a retired graphic designer, living on SS since my savings were used up during Covid lockdown. I now sell tee shirt designs. Check out Ski Classic NH on TeePublic or Ski Classic NH on Redbubble. If you have any suggestions or requests please let me know. Thanks.

Im Not Old Tie Dye art.jpeg

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Welcome to SkiTalk! I ski in NH occasionally myself, though I haven't been to Ragged. I have been to Pat's Peak, Sunapee, Loon, and Wildcat though.

TS
Abubob

Abubob

Booting up
Skier
Welcome to SkiTalk! I ski in NH occasionally myself, though I haven't been to Ragged. I have been to Pat's Peak, Sunapee, Loon, and Wildcat though.
Of those 4 Wildcat has the best view, however, for the drive time it‘s almost farther away than Jay Peak in VT. I’ll have to check Google maps on that. I prefer Ragged‘s layout to Sunapee’s and these days I’ve heard the grooming is actually better at Ragged. That might have something to do with Vail taking over at Sunapee. Loon is cool midweek but waaay too crowded on the weekend. I’ve only skied Pat‘s once during the day but never at night.
Ragged is rad. Better to ski free than die.
Since I’m 65 midweek at Cannon is free. Way better than dying.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I skied for 40 years in the east and I had to move to west to come back to ski New Hampshire. :(

Seahaven

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ragged is my go to, especially on a busy weekend. The 4 pack and 6 pack detachables side by side mean that there is rarely a line. The lodge is exactly what it should be, and the regulars are great. When the snow is right it is a great place to be.

TS
Abubob

Abubob

Booting up
Skier
Ragged is my go to, especially on a busy weekend. The 4 pack and 6 pack detachables side by side mean that there is rarely a line. The lodge is exactly what it should be, and the regulars are great. When the snow is right it is a great place to be.
When the lifties are counting to fill every chair the line moves pretty quick.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The one time I skied there it was a Saturday and I didn’t think it was very crowded. But at 4 pm as I was leaving people were pouring in.
Mine was on a weekday after work. We drove up from Merrimack around, I think 4:00. One a bunch of school kids left around dinner time, the place was empty.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I live in New Hampshire now a 15 minute drive from my home mountain, Ragged Mountain in Danbury.
I live in NH too, but don't ski there a lot anymore...mostly ski Maine these days. For YEARS I had been wanting to ski Ragged...finally got there earlier this year. Loved it...great vibe!

Really loved the lifty jokes on the whiteboard at the 6-pack...the day that I was there:

How did the hipster burn his mouth?
Because he ate the pizza before it was cool

TS
Abubob

Abubob

Booting up
Skier
I live in NH too, but don't ski there a lot anymore...mostly ski Maine these days. For YEARS I had been wanting to ski Ragged...finally got there earlier this year. Loved it...great vibe!

Really loved the lifty jokes on the whiteboard at the 6-pack...the day that I was there:

How did the hipster burn his mouth?
He drank coffee before it was cool. :cool:

AaronFM

Getting off the lift
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hello Abubob
I mostly ski cannon but try to pop around to other Indy and Ikon resorts around. Haven’t been back to Ragged since I busted my knee there a few years ago but always had a good time there and enjoyed ducking into the glades after big snow dumps.

TS
Abubob

Abubob

Booting up
Skier
Hello Abubob
I mostly ski cannon but try to pop around to other Indy and Ikon resorts around. Haven’t been back to Ragged since I busted my knee there a few years ago but always had a good time there and enjoyed ducking into the glades after big snow dumps.
Ya know for a "intermediate" area it get its share of injured skiers. How's the knee now?

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My brother in law lives in Bethlehem, so we'll probably get to Cannon in March. No Ikon this year, so we'll skip Loon, but probably hit Bretton Woods as it incredibly cheap midweek for 65+.

Sponsor