• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada How is the vaccine passports working out for the ski resorts in Quebec?

hozman

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Are people boycotting or is it busy as usual? Is it going to last the whole season as now the pandemic is of the vaccinated?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Following from the US. Planning a Quebec trip in February. Hoping the border stays open.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I suspect the border will stay open. They will focus more on gatherings I bet. The vaccine passport is about protecting the health care system. Crossing the border is not a right.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Presser on now.

1. Dining rooms closed! Take out or delivery.
2. No large gatherings
3. Small family gatherings only, household bubble only.
4. Curfew - 10pm to 5 am.....
5. No inside sports (there goes the Habs, again!!)
6. Schools, closed until the 17th of January.
7. Retail stores/businesses closed on Sunday for 3 weeks.

Thinks that it, he's winding down....

MikeW Philly

Getting off the lift
Skier
Presser on now.

1. Dining rooms closed! Take out or delivery.
2. No large gatherings
3. Small family gatherings only, household bubble only.
4. Curfew - 10pm to 5 am.....
5. No inside sports (there goes the Habs, again!!)
6. Schools, closed until the 17th of January.
7. Retail stores/businesses closed on Sunday for 3 weeks.

Thinks that it, he's winding down....

As much as I love Tremblant (when heading north we skip New England and go there). If I’m in the US I’d cancel right now. To much risk/variable.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Same as last year for us Canucks...

But no mention about how long this will be either. Sunday closures for 3 weeks.
So are you saying that ski areas will be closed on Sundays?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Too be determined. I'm sure he was talking about retail businesses. So it needs to be explained. I wasn't planning on skiing on Sunday, but will be here till then. Also there was no deadline on this curfew/closures. TBD!!

Bluenose

Booting up
Skier
With the vaccine passport requirements, resorts can now operate at full capacity. As a result it seems the hills are busier than last year, but not as busy as in the past.
Also, there is a lack of snow so not all runs are open which makes it feel busier too.
Resorts are open on Sundays.

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
With the vaccine passport requirements, resorts can now operate at full capacity. As a result it seems the hills are busier than last year, but not as busy as in the past.
Also, there is a lack of snow so not all runs are open which makes it feel busier too.
Resorts are open on Sundays.
They sent your snow here by mistake. :ogbiggrin:
Mountwashington.ca
And to Nanaimo and Vancouver.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
So skiing in Quebec remains as usual. Any retail stores are closed on Sunday for this next weekend and the one after.

As for the vaccine passports.....working really well at Tremblant. I was witness to an altercation with a women who's pass would not scan at the bottom of the lift. The 2 guys she was with wouldn't work either. There was not talking to her, so I ask one of the guys if they had their vaccine passports attached to their IKON pass. No they hadn't done it. So I mentioned that, that needed to be done before they could access the lifts. So I think one of them might have calmed her down.

So the system is working there.

Tony S

Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So skiing in Quebec remains as usual. Any retail stores are closed on Sunday for this next weekend and the one after.

As for the vaccine passports.....working really well at Tremblant. I was witness to an altercation with a women who's pass would not scan at the bottom of the lift. The 2 guys she was with wouldn't work either. There was not talking to her, so I ask one of the guys if they had their vaccine passports attached to their IKON pass. No they hadn't done it. So I mentioned that, that needed to be done before they could access the lifts. So I think one of them might have calmed her down.

So the system is working there.
Help me understand the relevance, if any, and if you know, of "vaccine passports" to US visitors. Is there any tie-in with the "Arrive CAN" app I have downloaded and populated with my passport and vaccination info?

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
This is for skiing only, so the hill/ resort, like Tremblant, will need your CDC card and photo I.D. It's electronically attached to your pass. Once and done. You will still need to show vaccine certificates at restaurants when they open again. Our "vaccine passports" have a QR code that makes it's harder to forge. But I still had to show them photo I.D.

Sponsor

Staff online