• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Now to shop for a set of winter tires/wheels! www.discounttire.com www.tirerack.com

#spendyourmoney

Already on it. Well, Eric is on it.

In addition, we need to install a 2" hitch, get a hitch bike rack, get a slimline roof box .... there's a lot of prep before I'm ready to sell the old Outback. Also some emotions I'm going to need to process.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Already on it. Well, Eric is on it.

In addition, we need to install a 2" hitch, get a hitch bike rack, get a slimline roof box .... there's a lot of prep before I'm ready to sell the old Outback. Also some emotions I'm going to need to process.
Nothing cures that like retail therapy. Plus you need a Pugski sticker for it!

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Not being a dick, but it's weird to me when people get emotional attachment to cars! I also have no empathy apparently so maybe there's a connection.. :D

I've had an emotional connection to every vehicle I've owned. Might as well. I spend so much time in them.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I understand. I too get very connected to vehicle's I've had. Not all of them but the many over the years. I was very attached to my Fiero GT with the camarra engine, my chrysler sebring convertible and very, very attached to my Jeep. I'm a driver and spend a LOT of time in my vehicles so what it is and how I connect with it is VERY important, to me....

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice. Thats the best OB they make...and with the delicious chocolate interior. :)

I have a HUGE weakness/preference for brown interiors!

@Monique, does the 3.6 still have a real transmission, or a snowmobile transmission (CVT)?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have a HUGE weakness/preference for brown interiors!

@Monique, does the 3.6 have a real transmission, or a snowmobile transmission (CVT)?
So do I. It was a matter of matching the exterior to the interior.
IMG_0081.JPG

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Just a note for posterity... I’m in management in the auto industry, and earn a fine income. I haven’t bought a new car since 2005. I had an uncle who put it well: “why should I buy a new Chevy when I can buy a two year old Cadillac?” Neither of those are my cup of tea but you get the gist, and in these days of two and three year leases, the choices are all the more plentiful. My wife’s Audi Q5 3.0 Prestige stickered just shy of $60k. We bought it with 6,700 miles on it for low $30s.

No right or wrong to it, just another option to ponder when considering a depreciating asset that drops $5k in value when your tail lights disappear over the horizon.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just a note for posterity... I’m in management in the auto industry, and earn a fine income. I haven’t bought a new car since 2005. I had an uncle who put it well: “why should I buy a new Chevy when I can buy a two year old Cadillac?” Neither of those are my cup of tea but you get the gist, and in these days of two and three year leases, the choices are all the more plentiful. My wife’s Audi Q5 3.0 Prestige stickered just shy of $60k. We bought it with 6,700 miles on it for low $30s.

No right or wrong to it, just another option to ponder when considering a depreciating asset that drops $5k in value when your tail lights disappear over the horizon.
I forgot you pushed iron.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Kitchener,

That has been our plan forever. We have always driven nice cars. Very nice. And the only three bought new in the last 25 years were two company cars. A Saab 9000 CSE, and an Audi V8 Quattro, and a BMW 325 IX, because there were no used or dealer cars. Otherwise a lot of very lightly used. Some not so lightly.

Depreciation is real, for sure.

So here's an emotional attachment story. We have close friends who bought a brand new 1986 Volvo 740 GLE Wagon. Her first really nice car. They brought their son home from the hospital in the car. The son drove it through college, and then gave it to his brother and sister. When THEY graduated college, my friend had it completely restored. Because he could. They will never part with it.

Last edited:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Having said that ^^^^, that's a great color combo on P&T's Alltrack. And Monique is going to love her new ride. Sure of that one.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Did I see you driving up South Boulder Road in Lafayette this afternoon? At least I think it was afternoon, jet lag sucks.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

All good points. Funny - I especially wanted the 2018 for Android Auto. Once I tried it, ew! Not gonna use that. Maybe it'll get better.

I do like knowing exactly what's ever been done to the vehicle.

Did I see you driving up South Boulder Road in Lafayette this afternoon? At least I think it was afternoon, jet lag sucks.

Nah, haven't been that far yet. Driving to Golden tomorrow to get the hitch receiver installed and with any luck pick up the roof box we want (so it will fit in the garage). Driving to work today, I have to say I enjoyed being a lazy (non-stick) driver. Played with adaptive cruise control - neat! That's going to make highway driving a lot nicer.

Eric is in love with the features and readily admits to his jealousy. He seems especially excited by the headlights that move.

Sponsor

Staff online