• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Got them yesterday and they are now ready to hit the slopes ...
Were used only during the training runs at the World Cup in Bromont , Canada , in 1986 .
210 cm ... or is it 213 ?
I can't find the length on the skis but it looks 210 compared with other 210 around . Strange that a length is not similar from one manufacturer to the other !

Voilà !
If it is warmer than the -40 we have now , I will ski them tomorrow !
Got three more to show you ... other brands , same state of preservation , all skiable at full speed ...

View attachment 36028 View attachment 36028 View attachment 36030 View attachment 36031 View attachment 36032 View attachment 36033
Post a pic of the serial number and I'll get you the construction/type of ski you have. There were a handful of different construction types

LeVieuxCrouton

Getting on the lift
Skier
Here is the serial number ...
If you are right , I will know the value of the seller's informations ...
I am always skeptic about what people tell me about their skis but , still , that pair is as good as when it was shipped out of the factory .

Thank you !
003.JPG

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I am always skeptic about what people tell me about their skis but , still , that pair is as good as when it was shipped out of the factory .

Thank you !
View attachment 36334
They are 210 CM the 210 is in the photo but Rossi would measure the running surface up around to the tip, not cord length tip to tail. The ski may measure 207 cord length.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier

Thank you !
View attachment 36334
OK you have a 210cm (as @Uncle-A correctly ID'd) GS ski from 1986 from the 6P, the 33 is the race room construction type, with the serial #09790. So you did get a Race Room set.
The 33 was previously called the 3GC and had a different sidecut with a narrower waist and tail than the popular 3G and they dove into a turn a lot quicker.
There were also a 3GI and a 3GCI versions but those had a different Iso-Omega core.

They ski very similar but the 3GC's just crank in and load the tail so there's not a lot a forgiveness to say the least.

Here are the Tip/Waist/Tail dimensions from my 84 versions,
3GC 89.5/69/78.5
3G 89.5/67/76

20180104_094549.jpg
20180104_095411.jpg
20180104_095204.jpg

The 3G's are still undrilled with the original top skins while the 3GC's were re-finished with the white top-skins.
The 4SI's are from 85 and have a grooveless GS base on them

Lowell Watson

Making skis sharp and slippery
Skier
Does this belong in "All Things Dynastar"?

Why yes it does, my bad. I was popping back and forth in the forums because I was also going to post the ROC 550 with the red Nevadas I set up at the same time, and got confused. Its not hard...

I will be posting a bunch of winners, and the ROC's, over the coming weeks...

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Rossignol SM VAS - I had a pair of those in maybe 1978? They were smooth on the groomed, but 203cm was long for me. Thanks for showing these. I have looked through the Rossignol posts and this the first time I have seen them. I also had ST 650 and used ROC 550.
The V.A.S. didn't come out until 82 or so...when had a run of blue skis....then went back to silver then...things got exciting when the teal grean 4S came out.

Uncle-A

Skier
The V.A.S. didn't come out until 82 or so...when had a run of blue skis....then went back to silver then...things got exciting when the teal grean 4S came out.
Yes, 1982 that Vibration Absorbing System (VAS) was available in the top of the line Rossi skis. It was a joint project that started in 1978 between Rossignol and the French Government Nuclear Labs at Grenoble. VAS was a Neoprene strip that had 40 thin wires running through it and was placed in different parts of the ski depending on the flex desired for that ski. I a very early thread here that members put up questions and other members tried to answer, this was one of the questions put up about who was the Rossignol partner to develop the VAS and I never went back to put up the answer.

Uncle-A

Skier
Can't wait to ski on these! Anyone know the year? I suspect 1965 at the latest .anyone ski on these kind? Wondering if they are similar to the ROC? View attachment 41188
That ski is about 10 - 12 years older than the ROC so my guess is that they are not anything like the ROC. The ROC was a great GS ski, a metal sandwich ski, the early ones were wood core and the later ones I think were foam core. The age of those Solomon bindings may give you a better clue of the age on the ski. I am not familiar with that model Solomon maybe another member can share something on the binding. @Bill Talbot may be that guy for the bindings.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Can't wait to ski on these! Anyone know the year? I suspect 1965 at the latest .anyone ski on these kind? Wondering if they are similar to the ROC? View attachment 41188
The infamous Allias Major was maybe one of the first metal sandwich GS skis. Certainly early to mid 60's there

rpk4dotcom

More Retro memories????
Skier

1967-skiing.jpg

Allais-Major introduced for the 1967-1968 season, distributed by Garcia. It is in the Garcia catalog again for 1968 and 1969, but there are no Rossignols are in the 1970 catalog.

JB

Sponsor

Staff online