• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2025 Fischer The Curv GT 85

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
View attachment 222460
1/22/24 Long term update: We arrived in Utah a day early for the 2025 ski into and since we had a day to kill, we went over to Deet Valley for some nice groomer zoomers. The conditions at Deer Valley were exceptional, about 1-2" of fresh over their manacured groomers. Yes the Curv 85 did exactly what I expected of it, it held well where the snow was thin and went over the crud where it was piled and cut up.
View attachment 222462
View attachment 222461

Sportin' the full Fischer setup there. Nice.

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Full disclosure. Before getting on the Curv 85 I was on a ski that fits me and my style very much. Super comfortable and confidence inspiring. So I get on the Curv with a bit of hesitancy and planning to take a bit of a warm up run on it to get a feel. Well, that warm up run took about 10 seconds on the groomer to start feeling comfortable on it. This is a ski that I’d stay on longer if Phil would let me. It was easy to ski. However, similar to a good sports car, don’t fall asleep on the energy that it has. The Curv 85 can GOOOO!
For me this ski was a ripper and made me want to ski faster.
I found it confidence inspiring and compliant. Fun was had by all

Scotty I.

I only care about the graphics
Skier
View attachment 222460
1/22/24 Long term update: We arrived in Utah a day early for the 2025 ski into and since we had a day to kill, we went over to Deet Valley for some nice groomer zoomers. The conditions at Deer Valley were exceptional, about 1-2" of fresh over their manacured groomers. Yes the Curv 85 did exactly what I expected of it, it held well where the snow was thin and went over the crud where it was piled and cut up.
View attachment 222462
View attachment 222461
Phil - Your yellow boots match these skis to perfection. You're a man after my own heart.

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
Oh no, now another dilemma: The 2024 RC4 The Curv GT (76mm waist) in 168 or the 2025 The Curv GT80 in 166?!

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh no, now another dilemma: The 2024 RC4 The Curv GT (76mm waist) in 168 or the 2025 The Curv GT80 in 166?!
The Curv GT is a much different animal than the GT80 ... I will say the GT is a pretty strong ski, I just wish they would have put on a better binding and the option of a Protector.

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So how would these compare to a S/Force Bold on/off piste? I like my Bolds, but they will need a replacement and I would like to be on Protectors anyway...

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So how would these compare to a S/Force Bold on/off piste? I like my Bolds, but they will need a replacement and I would like to be on Protectors anyway...
the S/Force Bold is the first ski I thought of after seeing and skiing the new Curv GT 85. It will be EXACTLY what you are looking for.

MNskier

Booting up
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks Phil, it's good to know they will be exactly what I'm looking for. A ski that will turn me into a combination of Mikaela, Marcus Caston and Jonny Moseley. Next season is going to be great!

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
Thanks Phil, you keeping guiding me in the same (right) direction. I think I finally get it ... really!ogsmile
OK, Phil, I lied: I guess I don't quite get it (yet)! What about the Head Supershape e-Rally? Seems like it could be the perfect next ski for me! But do I want the 170 or the 163, given what you and Tricia said about sizing in the video? (And I'd definitely get the Protector binding.) Thanks again.:rolleyes:

Sponsor