• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2024 Rossignol Experience 82 Ti

SkiTalk Test Team

Testing skis so you don't have to.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Philpug: So, 82 is the new "insert whatever the latest biggest fad width" here. Every brand seems to be focusing on the 82mm segment -- which is not odd (if it were odd, there would be a lot of 81 or 83mm skis, bah dum dump). Like its wider sibling the 86 Ti, the carryover 82 Ti wants to lay it over yet is not afraid to venture off piste into the junk. With a gradual tip rise with some flair and flared tail, the 82 Ti is one of the more versatile skis on the segment, offering as much power as you would require (but not demand).

Insider tip: If there were a Pivot with a brake that fit, I would say go that way, but there is not, so the SPX 12 is the binding choice to bypass the Konect.

Awards
Who is it for?
Those looking for a ski that will do a lot of things very well.
Who is it not for?
The skier who wants Nth-degree performance in any one area.
Skier ability
  1. Intermediate
  2. Advanced
  3. Expert
Ski category
  1. Frontside
  2. All Mountain
Ski attributes
  1. Groomers
  2. Moguls
  3. Trees
Segment
  1. Men

Specifications

right ad
Available sizes
160, 168, 176, 184
Dimensions
127-82-115
Radius
15m@176cm
Rocker profile
  1. Camber with tip rocker
Size Scaling
  1. None
Construction design
  1. New graphics
  2. Carryover
Binding options
  1. Flat
  2. System

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I demoed this ski last June at Mammoth and like it enough to buy it ... so my .2.

Size tested: 160
Location tested: Mammoth
Conditions tested in: Typical melt/freeze spring conditions

This ski surprised me because I did not like the Experience 82 Basalt. The Basalt was easy, compliant, did everything I asked, but it lacked fun factor. Not so with the 82 Ti! I tested it in a 160 length, on a spring June day in Mammoth. The conditions began with a solid hardback - dare I say ice! It was deeply rutted from grooming during the previous day’s melt cycle. As the day warmed up, the snow softened and I experienced everything from coral reef, to cream cheese, to corn, to mashed potatoes, to slush. The 82 ti is a solid ski, damp enough to barrel over the grooming ruts and coral reef, without chattering my teeth. I assume this is due to the drive tip solution in the Rossi construction. It turns on a dime and feels like it responds simultaneously with my desire to turn. This ski carves beautifully and has plenty of energy! Even in some heavy, wet, spring piles the shovel was more than enough to push the ski through. Will this become my daily driver? As a western skier, probably not, but It will become my choice when we haven’t had fresh snow for awhile or when conditions are hard and fast. I did buy this ski at the end of the demo and look forward to more time on it.
  • Who is it for: skiers who like to charge on groomers but want something versatile enough to take off piste if the conditions warrant it.​
  • Who is it not for: someone who is learning to carve and wants an easy going ski. Chose the 82 basalt.​
  • Insider tip: Trust this ski and you won't be disappointed.​

Last edited by a moderator:

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
I just bought a pair of Rossi Exp 82 TI skis and was able to use them this past weekend. Before I Get to the ski, a little background. 69 years old, been skiing for 53 years averaging 20-25 days a year. I have some race background and know how to carve as well moguls. I still ski double black diamonds at the big resorts, however that is not what I bought those skis for.

I bought these for my local skiing in the mid Atlantic region. Think Holiday Valley in NY or Seven Springs in PA. Mostly firm man made snow with occasional dumps for some softer snow. I believe that a ski in the 78-84 underfoot is the sweet spot, and for my 5’8” frame a 170 cm + or - 2cm. I also believe most folks buy to wide but that is another discussion. I also like a versatile high performance ski aka all mountain as I will seek out the better snow on the trail edge and dive into the trees if conditions permit.

I had been skiing Volkl’s entry in this category for almost 20 years starting with the Vertigo Motion, which morphed into the AX3 724, then AC30, RTM 81 (both versions) and most recently Deacon 80. With each version, Volkl was moving that series towards carving and away from the all mountain skis that I like. I never bonded with my Deacons. They were fantastic carvers, almost a wide race ski. But transitioning between hard and soft snow, managing crud and bumps are not it’s strong suit. So I sold them.

Now for the review. I debated which length to get. 168 or 176. I have 3 pairs of wider all mountain skis all 180, so I chose the 168 for its intended purpose, smaller hills. I had Tyrolia Protector 13 bindings mounted. The first day I skied them conditions were marginal at best. Flat light, icy, death cookies and snow whales. I bailed after a couple hours but came away impressed. Very quick turning with good underfoot feel and handled the crud.

Two days later after about 6” of fresh, plus more man made and grooming the whales down I was able to get a better test. These skis rock! They turn almost as quick as my Volkl RT SL skis and is much better in transitioning between snow types. They feel light on your feet and allowed me to choose any turn shape I wanted and never protested. They were forgiving of minor technical errors and we’re just a blast to ski. With only limited terrain open, I couldn’t test them at higher speeds, but in the 25-30 mph range they felt very secure. Trees were out of the question as were bumps. I will have to save that test for another day.

So after 2 days of limited skiing, I believe I made a good choice. I really enjoyed these skis. If you are looking for a 80’ish width all mountain ski that can also carve well, you should take a good hard look at these skis.

Rick G

Sponsor