• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2023-24 Mid-Atlantic Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
MOD NOTE: This post and the next 4 were pulled from last season's thread. Seemed like a good way to kick this one off!

Hey Mid-A people... anyone want to start the 2023-2024 thread? I mean gosh... it's September already!

Last edited:

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Just put "Neverending" in the title of this one.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hard to think of skiing when this is the first week it hasn't been in the 90's....

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Hard to think of skiing when this is the first week it hasn't been in the 90's....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^BAN HIM!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

First weekend in December is the Anniversary Weekend special at Appalachian by the way. Orange County Sportsplex has a sweet ice rink that's nice and cool on an October afternoon. Used to take the kids there to get the ski legs back.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ahhhh...59 here early this morning. Ok, time to think about skiing :roflmao:

Can I stay? :duck:

SCWVA

Spent a little time on the mountain
Skier
Swaps:

Ski Haus Annapolis - intake 9/23 - 9/30 during store hours, selling Oct. 1 - Nov. 5th
Alpine, Sterling VA - intake 10/9 - 10/19 during store hours, selling Oct 21, 22

Swaps:

Ski Haus Annapolis - intake 9/23 - 9/30 during store hours, selling Oct. 1 - Nov. 5th
Alpine, Sterling VA - intake 10/9 - 10/19 during store hours, selling Oct 21, 22
Pro Fit Ski, Leesburg, VA - November 19, 2023

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Buckmans ( 5 PA locations) Oct. 11-14th.
Pro-Fit Sideline Swap Day (Trade INS for STORE CREDIT ONLY) Oct. 14, 15
Ski Tunes Columbia, PA - October 28 2023
Ski Center LTD - October 29, 2023 (Sunday)
Ski Roundtop - November 4, 5 2023
Pro Fit Ski, Leesburg, VA - November 19, 2023

Jay Marcoux

I ski and I know things.
Skier
All,
Greetings! I’m finally fully into thinking about this ski season. My ski instructor paperwork is submitted (Appalachian Ski Mountain), scheduled is submitted, and ski tuning in my garage has begun (picture evidence!). I’m readying my older Nordica Hot Rods to teach on, simply because they’re a fun pair of skis.

I am scheduled for App’s Anniversary weekend on that Saturday.
App also has their annual ski swap going on from 10/13 through 10/22. I plan to drop by next Saturday 10/21.

Preseason Sale Hours:

Mon-Thurs: 10am – 6pm
Fri & Sat (13 & 14): 10am – 8pm
Fri & Sat (20 & 21): 10am – 6pm
Sun: 12 Noon – 6pm

Aside from that, I’m looking for the random day trip. I want to get a day in at Sugar. I’m planning on a PSIA event at either Beech or Cataloochee.

Also, I’m intrigued to check out the resort formerly known as Wolf Ridge. Interesting stuff going on at https://www.hatleypointe.com/ . This season might be a bit of a transitory one, but if they can prove their snowmaking improvements, this might be an interesting option.

Lastly, @LiquidFeet , we don’t know each other personally, but literally grabbed and and studied posts made by you on the old EpicSki forums when prepping for Level 2. Gosh, I recall some spirited conversations around PSIA level 2 prep on that forum. I’m from New England as well, relocated to NC in 2019.

Cheers to all, and hope to meet some of you. Let me know if you’re at Appalachian on their anniversary weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_4121.jpeg
    IMG_4121.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 9

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
I wanted to check out Wolf Ridge after reading a "road trip" thread on DCSki. I love the little "throwback" areas. It wil be interesting to see how Hadley Pointe develops. I'm sure it will lose some of it's flavor, but if it helps to keep another ski area operational, so be it. However, I get the feeling the free lift tickets for 65+ are gone. There's a nice fancy website, but no real information (not even a trail map).

pipestem

Out on the slopes
Skier
Snow is visible on the Mt. Mitchell peak webcams. I rarely check, but today Ihad a hunch that just maybe....

Sponsor

Staff online