• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2023-2024 PNW Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
We got and unexpected 10cms overnight at Sun Peaks. Not a lot but we'll take it. I was the 5th person on Exhibition which had been groomed before it snowed. I proceeded to get the most pow turns without crossing a track on a run this season.

Vestirse

Putting on skis
Skier
Man, all your pictures look so great, but I'm scared of how fast it will warm up in a short time and I can only ski on weekends. Thinking of doing Mission Ridge instead of Crystal even with the increased drive time for ever so slightly better temps. Hoping that "drier snow" won't set up so crusty so fast.

What do you guys think? Also, probably won't get to Mission Ridge until 9am - should I be worried about finding parking?

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Man, all your pictures look so great, but I'm scared of how fast it will warm up in a short time and I can only ski on weekends. Thinking of doing Mission Ridge instead of Crystal even with the increased drive time for ever so slightly better temps. Hoping that "drier snow" won't set up so crusty so fast.

What do you guys think? Also, probably won't get to Mission Ridge until 9am - should I be worried about finding parking?
It's supposed to be warmer at Mission than at Crystal or Stevens and even warmer than that at Baker. Take your pick.

Vestirse

Putting on skis
Skier
It's supposed to be warmer at Mission than at Crystal or Stevens and even warmer than that at Baker. Take your pick.
Really? That's not what the NOAA forecast says or am I reading something wrong? Granted, the difference is not huge. 44 at Mission Ridge, 50 at Crystal.
Mission Ridge
Crystal Mountain

EDIT: These are linked from their respective sites

Last edited:

Even_Stevens

Getting off the lift
Skier

I’d go to Stevens. Better area with multiple high speed quads and more fun runs (imo).

Plus, if an inbound slide happens, Stevens has an excellent professional ski patrol with multiple avy dogs. Mission doesn’t have any dogs on patrol.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Pretty decent at Whistler today. Mixed bag some sun and the occasional annoying cloud bank drifting in and out.
Snow conditions are good but this was the first time there was no overnight snow for awhile.
By end of day, on ski out to valley, it was already warming up. Have to remember the sunscreen for next two days.

Weekend might be busy. Sunny days, start of spring break, and already a lot of out of province plates in the parking lots.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor

You should be ok, but lots going on this weekend.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Really? That's not what the NOAA forecast says or am I reading something wrong? Granted, the difference is not huge. 44 at Mission Ridge, 50 at Crystal.
Mission Ridge
Crystal Mountain

EDIT: These are linked from their respective sites
Well, I didn't use their site for the link, and I got very different results by typing "Mission Ridge ski resort" into the search box on the NOAA site. Just goes to show you.:huh:

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We went to Crystal on Tuesday and to Stevens today. Crystal, we started skiing about 12 o'clock and it was snowing pretty good. It snowed about 2 inches while we were skiing which was until they closed at 3:30. The visibility was poor we only had three runs where we could see anything. The snow was good.

Stevens today was a totally different story. It was a beautiful sunny day with no lift lines. The snow was a bit crunchy and firm in spots in the a.m. but it all softened and got nice. Seventh Heaven was pretty good but a bit of work. Pegasus and Orion were nice in the afternoon. They didn't get too sloppy in the sun. The groomers on the backside were firm in the a.m. and then nice in the p.m. The run of the day on the front side was International. Nice packed powder snow and nobody skiing it.

The Chiwaukum mountains east of Stevens
IMG_1367.JPG

The Pass
IMG_1365.JPG

SIMMS7400

Booting up
Skier
How do you think Whistler is going to hold up with this warm up? Looks like back to winter on Tuesday night, but will be beach weather down at village for a few days it looks like. Although, the alpine doesn't look to get TOO warm. Hopefully we don't need to download via Gondola :nono:

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I’d go to Stevens. Better area with multiple high speed quads and more fun runs (imo).

Plus, if an inbound slide happens, Stevens has an excellent professional ski patrol with multiple avy dogs. Mission doesn’t have any dogs on patrol.

Mission has no dogs, but patrol is absolutely first rate. Ask anyone in the industry. I don't think inbound slides will be a thing this week, but can, and do occur at almost all western resorts dogs or not.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
How do you think Whistler is going to hold up with this warm up? Looks like back to winter on Tuesday night, but will be beach weather down at village for a few days it looks like. Although, the alpine doesn't look to get TOO warm. Hopefully we don't need to download via Gondola :nono:

School Spring Break starts tomorrow for the next 2 weeks in B.C. How Whistler and other resorts hold up to the holiday crowds is another concern.

SIMMS7400

Booting up
Skier
School Spring Break starts tomorrow for the next 2 weeks in B.C. How Whistler and other resorts hold up to the holiday crowds is another concern.

Oh damn, I was hoping it was next week :( Oh well, unfortunately I'm a captive audience as my wife has a conference next week so there was no flexibility to come sooner or later. I guess I'll have to make the best of it :)

Any tips or tricks dealing with the crowds? I assume morning queues will be nutty so I was thinking not starting until 9/930 or so.

Last edited:

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
A Beautiful at Whistler today. Sitting in Rendezvous killing time. Snow is softening with the sun but conditions are lovely right now. Coverage will still be good to valley.

Unfortunately my day is done I'll be downloading when buddies are done for the day.

I was moving fast on an empty slope yet somehow a large boarder still managed to run into me. He must have been totally out of control and moving even faster. Certainly knocked me for a loop. Don't think anything broken but ribs back and shoulder are going to be sore for awhile.

Could have been worse. I'll be back.

Last edited:

SIMMS7400

Booting up
Skier
A Beautiful at Whistler today. Sitting in Rendezvous killing time. Snow is softening with the sun but conditions are lovely right now. Coverage will still be good to valley.

Unfortunately my day is done I'll be downloading.when buddies are done for the day.

While moving fast on an empty slope somehow a large boarder managed to run into me Not he must have been totally out of control but moving even faster. Certainly knocked me for a loop. Dont think anything broken but ribs back and shoulder are going to be sore for awhile.

Could have been worse ill be back.

Great to hear about conditions, not great to hear about that jack-wagon who hit you! Nothing a few beers can't fix!

slowrider

Trencher
Skier

Unfortunately my day is done I'll be downloading.when buddies are done for the day.

While moving fast on an empty slope somehow a large boarder managed to run into me Not he must have been totally out of control but moving even faster. Certainly knocked me for a loop. Dont think anything broken but ribs back and shoulder are going to be sore for awhile.

Could have been worse ill be back.
Sorry to hear that. Get back on the skis ASAP.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great to hear about conditions, not great to hear about that jack-wagon who hit you! Nothing a few beers can't fix!
I was ko'd on my first run and still pretty groggy when I wrote that. surprised I did.

Conditions by end of day were getting mushy in places (according to my buddies who picked me up at the end of the day)
While very warm in valley - will be enough base on lower hill to ski back to your hotel. Expect some pretty mushy snow on lower hill.
This morning a buddy called and told me it was refrozen in places.

Your going to be able to see the hill for the next few days.
So good time to get orientated and see what Whistler is like in May.
Snow is back in forecast mid week. You won't see as much of the mountain then.

as for the beer, if I could use my arm I'd like to toss them at him.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online