• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mid-Atlantic 2023-2024 New York Ski Resort/Conditions/Meetups

Shawn

Beep beep
Skier
Passes are certainly expensive.

$1900 for a pass (but a reasonable extra $250 for an Ikon Base Pass add-on). Not sure what it was last year. I really like Windham. We always went there every Presidents' Day with the high school ski club. Those days seem over. I wonder how much lift tickets will be since they're limiting them.

GB_Ski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Let's hope for early snow. I'm just glad skiing is still affordable for now at Belleayre.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The biggest problem in New York skiing is the state does not like competition. Hunter, Windham and nothing in the Adirondacks.
Never can understand how NYS is in any business, that should be left to private sector. My business competes with NYS and I pay taxes to do it :huh:

capecodbeachfront

Too Cold to Golf!
Inactive
NYS also competes in the golf course market. At least there I get resident and senior price breaks. In my area local West. Mt competes against Gore and Whiteface. Each year State mountains spend and spend. But West has done well, on a budget. Their advantage is night skiing! West also is way easier to visit and maybe with a lodge on site in the future!

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
Considering a trip to ski Hunter and Belleayre Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday last week in February 2024.
Hunter (2 days) is on my EPIC NE Senior Weekday pass, and Belleayre (1 day) is only $40 since I'm over 70.
Never skied in New York State before. It's only 3 hours away - same as North Conway (going there for same duration 1st week in February).
Researching lodging options - any affordable, reasonable-proximity recommendations? I've identified these as possibilities:
Hotel Vienna
Bavarian Manor
Comfort Inn Saugerties

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Those should be great days of the week to ski those places. I’m not up to date on lodging options up there. I’ve been to your first and last lodging options, but not in many years. If you’re ok with a 45ish minute drive to ski, check Kingston for lodging too.

TS
Jersey Skier

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Winter is coming....Thursday @ Belleayre for season pass holders.

Winter Coming Soon​

It’s been a long summer. 213 days to be exact, since the last time we slid on our skis and snowboards back on April 15, 2023. Not to say we didn’t enjoy the summer months, there was tons of fun to be had week in and week out! But the whole time, we’d be lying if we didn’t say we were staring up at our green-colored slopes, waiting for them to turn white once more.

This past weekend, the wizards of winter returned to change that. Our award-winning snowmakers took every advantage of a solid 36-hour window of cold temps, fired up the guns, and coated our west side under a blanket of white. As usual, they put in a herculean effort – but naturally Mother Nature isn’t giving it to us easily with spring like weather coming up in the immediate future. (It IS only November after all…)

We do not want our snowmaker’s hard work to go untouched, THIS Thursday, November 16th, we will open for one day exclusively for our season passholders. All Belleayre and SKI3 passholders can come out and get their snow legs back, and celebrate all the snowy good times that lie ahead! We appreciate your commitment, and are dedicating this first day of a great season to you. We look forward to seeing our Belleayre and SKI3 passholders both new and long-time to the mountain. If you haven’t locked in your season pass yet, now would be a great time to do so. Passes remain on sale through December 6th, when prices go up!

So, let’s talk about Thursday! We will only have expert terrain available with the Hawk Quad (formerly Lift #8) spinning from 9am-4pm, ready for hot laps all day. Upper & Lower Seneca, Upper & Lower Peekamoose, along with upper Deer Run will be cued up for the first day of the season. The Catskill Thunder Gondola will be available for upload and download only. The Discovery Lodge will be open for your base of operations, with limited food options, and the lounge area accessible! The Overlook Lodge will be available for Seasonal Lockers only.

After Thursday, we anticipate opening for the season to the general public the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, November 24. Subject to change if Mother Nature decides to throw us any more curveballs. Keep an eye on our snow report page for the most current conditions and operational updates.

Our time has arrived! Come get a taste of what will be a great season ahead at Belleayre.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Ski Hickory is looking for volunteers for trail maintenance every Sunday in November. trail-cutting-days3_750x.jpg

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Whiteface opening Tomorrow Friday, 24th, We’ve already had our first snows of the season, are you ready to get back on the slopes? Whiteface’s opening day is Friday, November 24th, weather and conditions permitting. We can’t wait to get out on the mountain and get in our first laps of the 2023/24 winter season! We are anticipating opening with two lifts, Face Lift and Summit Quad, with top to bottom skiing on some of our favorite trails like Paron’s Run, The Follies, Lower Northway, Upper Valley, Lower Valley, and Fox. (I read online the gondola will run on Saturday)

Gore opening Saturday the 25th. We are thrilled to announce that the snow season starts on Saturday, November 25. We can’t wait to hit the slopes and enjoy our first rides down the mountain. For the opening weekend, we plan to offer lift access on the Northwoods Gondola, Adirondack Express, and The North Quad. Intermediate and advanced skiers and riders can hit the Ruby Run, Tahawus, Showcase, Upper Sleighride, 2b, and The Arena. Be on the lookout for a pop-up park near Twister this weekend. We’ll be open daily from 8:30am to 4pm. Lift access is for Intermediate and advanced skiers & riders only. We do not yet have beginner or Easier rated terrain.

Royal Mt Caroga Lake- looking to open Dec 2nd

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
More Hickory news. The lifts are ready but they need help with insurance cost. Fully Refundable season passes will be on sale shortly to help meet this goal.

Sponsor

Staff online