• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

New England 2023-2024 Killington Resort/Conditions/Meetups

AlpineSkier

Booting up
Skier
I’m actually probably going to sit this one out on Sunday. It’s going to be a zoo up there between parking and lift lines. Seems everyone is heading up on Sunday. All the local hotels are apparently sold out.

I did enough powder skiing out West this year, I don’t need the aggravation lol. I’ll probably ski midweek or next weekend instead.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I’m actually probably going to sit this one out on Sunday. It’s going to be a zoo up there between parking and lift lines. Seems everyone is heading up on Sunday. All the local hotels are apparently sold out.

I did enough powder skiing out West this year, I don’t need the aggravation lol. I’ll probably ski midweek or next weekend instead.

I hear ya. I'm a little on the fence. Especially if magic gets anything my first choice is always here.

We usually get to k around 10ish and score parking from a first chair person who's leaving. I usually go up the gondola and then stay up and away from base area until I'm done so it usually works. I have a few friends going Sunday plus my magic ski crew is headed up so we'll see.

AlpineSkier

Booting up
Skier
I hear ya. I'm a little on the fence. Especially if magic gets anything my first choice is always here.

We usually get to k around 10ish and score parking from a first chair person who's leaving. I usually go up the gondola and then stay up and away from base area until I'm done so it usually works. I have a few friends going Sunday plus my magic ski crew is headed up so we'll see.
Magic is incredible on a powder day. I haven’t been there in years. I love the old school feel of the place.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Magic is incredible on a powder day. I haven’t been there in years. I love the old school feel of the place.

I'm a bit biased but love magic any day of the week. We skied a couple hours today and 100% rock solid but edgeable hardpack. Had an absolute blast. One of the few mountains where the greens and blues are especially interesting.

Powder days are something special tho.

I usually have access to half off tickets and maybe even a free pass now and again so let me know if you want to visit sometime.

TS
ScottB

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

@surfsnowgirl Just a quick thank you. At the NEG today and had a powda day at owls Head. But the TY is for your tip of the Estramont hotel. Love this place.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
@surfsnowgirl Just a quick thank you. At the NEG today and had a powda day at owls Head. But the TY is for your tip of the Estramont hotel. Love this place.

I'm so glad. We started going there with our ski club a few years ago and have gone on our own twice now. Love that freaking place. It's amazing in the summer too, the pool is awesome.

So glad you are liking it. We're heading back up MLK 2025.

Ah a powder day at Owls head, magical.

mikes781

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great day of skiing with @Phelmut but not enough with @Michael V . Dumped all day long. Definitely a lot of work, but worth it.

Sign of a good ski day - you need to be shoveled and pushed out of your parking spot when leaving.
I was itching to make the trip up this weekend but couldn’t pull it off. Hoping to make one last trip in two weeks if I can get one of my buddies to join me.

AlpineSkier

Booting up
Skier
We lost power yesterday around 4; can’t even get my car out of the detached garage. Sucks. Hope everyone else is good.

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Great day of skiing with @Phelmut but not enough with @Michael V . Dumped all day long. Definitely a lot of work, but worth it.

Sign of a good ski day - you need to be shoveled and pushed out of your parking spot when leaving.
Yes, had all the making of an epic day, till I went and got hurt.... Crushed the side of the tibia plateau, and will find out what else after I get to Orthopedic this week.

AlpineSkier

Booting up
Skier
I heard even the lot at Pico was full and they were turning people away. Probably a good day to ski elsewhere. Michael hope you get better soon.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes, had all the making of an epic day, till I went and got hurt.... Crushed the side of the tibia plateau, and will find out what else after I get to Orthopedic this week.
Hit a well hidden water bar and refuse the sled to take you down the hill and ski down to the emergency center at Ram Head on a busted knee. I was almost able to keep up with him :ogbiggrin: That's my ski buddy. No mere mortal. Hoping for the best MIke.

Editing to add that like a true skier he insisted on Scott and I not go with him and to continue to enjoy the incredible snow and then insists I ski a few hours on Sunday before heading home. Takes No Friends on Powder Day to a new level.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Hit a well hidden water bar and refuse the sled to take you down the hill and ski down to the emergency center at Ram Head on a busted knee. I was almost able to keep up with him :ogbiggrin: That's my ski buddy. No mere mortal. Hoping for the best MIke.
When I broke my fibula at Killington, near the end of my day hitting a big pile of sugar, I thought it was just a bad sprain and skied to the bottom of Needle's Eye then down to Snowshed to take the shuttle bus home. But next morning I visited the Ramshead clinic to get the diagnosis. :rolleyes:

Michael V

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Editing to add that like a true skier he insisted on Scott and I not go with him and to continue to enjoy the incredible snow and then insists I ski a few hours on Sunday before heading home. Takes No Friends on Powder Day to a new level.
It wasn't life or death, just some pain, and I know you'd do same for me.. That's what a good ski buddy (friend) would do...

But wow, what an epic weekend in Vermont. Best conditions in years.. I hope this provides the snow for an awesome spring for all of you that will get to enjoy it.

AlpineSkier

Booting up
Skier
I’m thinking of heading up tomorrow or Weds. Can’t let this snow go to waste. At this rate we’ll be skiing into late April.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
With just returning from my Winter Park trip, the impending move of my daughter and son-in-law from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia (yeah!), and Easter with our relatives, we missed the most recent snow-filled week and will not return to Killington until mid-April. Enjoy the fresh snow and save some spring snow for our return!

Sponsor

Staff online