• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah 2022-2023 Utah Ski Resorts/Conditions/Meetups

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackke17

I'd rather be at Alta
Skier
7-10am tolling i'm ok with because of Altas reservation system. I often wait until after 10 to get into the canyon on the weekends anyway.

Avoiding the Snowbird blitz makes for a much more relaxing day in the mountains.

Wasatchman

over the hill
Skier
A reservation system without better transit alternatives will just piss off a lot of paying customers.

Personally, i think a parking reservation system plus better transit >> toll lanes. You need UTA to remove the stick, though…
This is true but there are already pissed off customers arriving to full lots.

What I am trying to get my head around is that the current painful bus situation and limited parking does help preserve the ski experience for those that make it on the mountain. So the current situation is not all bad.

Do we even know what a reasonable max capacity at the resorts and in the canyons is? I think this is something that more time should be spent figuring out in conjunction with mass transit improvements.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Snowbasin sent an email survey out about requiring parking reservations. I think a lot of respondents said, “get rid of Ikon and reservations won’t be necessary.”

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Snowbasin sent an email survey out about requiring parking reservations. I think a lot of respondents said, “get rid of Ikon and reservations won’t be necessary.”

coldski

Putting on skis
Skier
This is true but there are already pissed off customers arriving to full lots.

What I am trying to get my head around is that the current painful bus situation and limited parking does help preserve the ski experience for those that make it on the mountain. So the current situation is not all bad.

Do we even know what a reasonable max capacity at the resorts and in the canyons is? I think this is something that more time should be spent figuring out in conjunction with mass transit improvements.
I believe ski resorts on public land are required to include “design capacity“ values (aka Comfortable Carrying Capacity) with the Master Plans they have on file with the Forest Service You could look it up

And I believe you are correct - parking is the limiting factor in many (most ?) cases.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Makes for a chaotic girls tennis season though! If there's one sport that can't be played in the rain or snow, it's definitely tennis.

Rudi Riet

AKA songfta AKA randomduck - a USSS coach, as well
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Solitude put video on their social media channels showing pouring of the foundation for the new summit station of the Eagle Express 6-pack.

4ster

Instructor
More on Snowbasin upgrades…

l’ve gotta admit that even though these changes make sense, some of my best Strawberry days in recent years
have been when the lift was closed…
IMG_5403.jpeg

IMG_5434.jpeg

Last edited:

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The updates like bathrooms patio and parking though small seem thoughtful and will add to my enjoyment on the hill.

4ster

Instructor
More news…

Guess I’ll have to be happy that I was around in the days when DMI was truly DMI :)
IMG_5512.jpeg

IMG_5523.jpeg

IMG_5538.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online