• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why Suggest FIS Skis?

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Honestly, if one can use this binding, it’s great. My Look Rockerace Spx15’s are garbage compared to these for stepping in.

Freakin’ $89 !
PLUS they go down to a 6 DIN, which most bindings at this level don't.

scrubadub

Booting up
Skier
I took my FIS SL skis out for the first time (after a bunch of powder runs). I was worried they’d be too much (with all the jokes around here about dying if I got back seated, needing to be always on, etc.). But to the contrary, they were fantastic in light powder and mixed snow (Alta doesn’t have hard groomers). Very predictable and they provide instant feedback and easy adjustment even with my 110 all mountain boots.

I still can’t carve but for all my fellow intermediates out there, don’t be afraid to get a pair. So much fun!

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
about dying if I got back seated, needing to be always on, etc.).

1711313756667.jpeg

When you start pushing them… ;)

Tony Storaro

Glorified Tobogganer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hah! I’m sure it will come. Next year I’m hoping to start masters training to improve my technique and run gates. I look forward to experiencing the rebound everyone describes.

Just wanted to put it out there that these don’t have to be scary skis. My Soul 7s, those are scary.

Glad you liked them.Which ones you got?

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Hah! I’m sure it will come. Next year I’m hoping to start masters training to improve my technique and run gates. I look forward to experiencing the rebound everyone describes.

Just wanted to put it out there that these don’t have to be scary skis. My Soul 7s, those are scary.
No, not scary at all. Just be aware that on packed powder that’s not that packed, skinny skis can sink well into the surface and you could boot out. Booting out can be just a slide out or dangerous.

Sponsor