• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SallyCat

Getting off the lift
Skier
I bought this electric scraper sharpener late last season. It's totally unnecessary and an insane expense; I hesitated for a while trying to justify it. Now I have it and it's totally worth it; no regrets. Having a super-sharp scraper every time makes things SO much easier, and just adds to the pleasure of waxing.

http://www.tognar.com/mantac-electric-wax-scraper-sharpener/

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I bought this electric scraper sharpener late last season. It's totally unnecessary and an insane expense; I hesitated for a while trying to justify it. Now I have it and it's totally worth it; no regrets. Having a super-sharp scraper every time makes things SO much easier, and just adds to the pleasure of waxing.

http://www.tognar.com/mantac-electric-wax-scraper-sharpener/
True Dat. I use a file I have hanging around. I know a lot of people recommend a panzer file.

SallyCat

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not sure if that is the correct link. I noted at Blue Mtn, where I ski ,that just a wax is $10.

I ski at Blue, too, and I want my skis fast and sharp for when I have to avoid drunk, out-of-control snowboarders.
I've had their shop do binding work and a base grind, and they do good work in my experience. Have not had them wax anything.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
I ski at Blue, too, and I want my skis fast and sharp for when I have to avoid drunk, out-of-control snowboarders.
I've had their shop do binding work and a base grind, and they do good work in my experience. Have not had them wax anything.
The snowboarders can be very reckless. My family and I ski weekdays, pm me if you ever want to meet for a few runs with us. Cheers

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier

Blue Mts ski shop uses the infra-red machine to apply wax, and, that technique receives some excellent reviews, especially for penetration of base. NOTE: the results of infra-red is hear-say, I am not an expert in base prep.

On another side note, I do have a full bar of 180g of Swix Universal wax bought at a local yard sale, and, it is just sitting in my basement. Anyone interested can make a $15 donation offer to Pugski and I will send it.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
I bought this electric scraper sharpener late last season. It's totally unnecessary and an insane expense; I hesitated for a while trying to justify it. Now I have it and it's totally worth it; no regrets. Having a super-sharp scraper every time makes things SO much easier, and just adds to the pleasure of waxing. http://www.tognar.com/mantac-electric-wax-scraper-sharpener/

I have one as well !!! As said in "The Bulletproof Monk", It's the bombdiggity!

So totally worth it. Absolutely no doubt whatsoever, EVER, that your scraper is not sharp. Like, what, maybe 5 or 6 seconds an edge?

I would make one suggestion, clean any wax residue off the scrapers BEFORE sharpening them. I also pull out the debris on a regular basis at the end of a sharpening session. Translation for those from New England: It's a wikked pissah!

Sponsor

Staff online