• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What type of price point are we talking with this line? I mean is it Martha Stewart at Kmart or Lindsey at Gorsuch?
I could look it up but my research time today has been spent in the cordless drill thread looking into nail polish. Then in the Rember... thread looking into Swatch time. Which we're not using even though it kind of made sense. Like Soloman Power Ratings

Ok, I'm, @getting out of here, #Dark Side of the Moon, #It's all dark
And you haven't even looked at the Life Pocket™ by Helly Hansen®

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Don't see why it's not an area UA would want to be in. Let's not forget they've established a mainstream sports brand from a niche base(layer). It's hardly Nike's lane. Though I found the ACG gear good , at least 15 years or so ago they never really committed to wintersports.

Meaning Nike does just about everything and does it on a global scale and UA can not and should not try to follow that.

North America still accounts for almost 80% of total sales for UA and that is where it needs to do an extraordinary amount of work to restore the brand to its former affordable luxury status.

UA has had a big challenge appealing to women. This is more about trying (somewhat desperately) to fix that issue than it is about getting into the sport of skiing. Remember UA launched Under Armour Sportswear in 2016 with $1,500 trench coats and it failed big time.

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
It seems strange that Under Armor is flirting with ski clothing as the existing marketplace has so much competition already. The one knock I have with Under Armor is that their designs, at least in golf with Jordan Speith, are bland. Unless UA gear is selling at a deep discount, I am not a buyer.

FWIW, I have a ski jacket made by Under Armor. Bought it several years ago at Beaver Mountain because it had the logo and was very on sale. It's a softshell that is excessively warm and rather form fitting, with no pit zips, so I don't wear it much - but it looks great!

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, I'm, @getting out of here, #Dark Side of the Moon, #It's all dark
Speaking of getting dark...what's with the excessive black eye makeup? She could almost pass for a raccoon.

....albeit a very attractive one.

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
I think UA's entire 2016-17 skiwear line was liquidated at STP under 'famous maker'. None of it looked great to me. Going in the fashion direction is probably a good move for them.

James

Out There
Instructor
Speaking of getting dark...what's with the excessive black eye makeup? She could almost pass for a raccoon.

....albeit a very attractive one.
In this shot?
IMG_4460.JPG

Not really that dark if you zoom in. Anyway, hair and makeup would be settled with the art director for asveetizing. Since it's her line she would have a lot of input. Usually they're going for something. So you'll probably see more of this in inside shots. Likely to be some outdoor too and it'll be different.
This is sort of city casual, just got off the slopes at Vail. There'll be more style later going out. Or hang here.
I wonder if Head has to pay Under Armor for product placement. Likely.

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Bringing yoga pants to the slopes.

It is. Been for couple decades. Probably much longer. Design/development circles. Doesn't roll off the tongue though.
I was amazed that the metaphorical/figurative usage of "literally" goes back well before millenials and Mr. Cofefve. Couple hundred years apparently. I literally passed out and died... Have to use "literal".
Actually since the early 1800's

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
North America still accounts for almost 80% of total sales for UA and that is where it needs to do an extraordinary amount of work to restore the brand to its former affordable luxury status.

I don’t know much about fashion but this is my friend Dani who just cut a deal with UA. She may not be known in the USA but she is a big deal in Australia & #2 in the world in Aerials. She is as dedicated to training as Vonn & Shiffrin, watch for her in the upcoming Olympics.
7432FE59-5EB2-41B5-90B8-B57ABCBCB9A8.jpeg

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/e...l/news-story/8330ba7ee3ecd6ff9931308d39fcebec

I was fortunate to have been her first coach when she switched from gymnastics to skiing when she was a teenager. Best attitude ever! I remember telling her that she could always be a ski model if the aerial thing didn’t work out. Looks like things are going well on both fronts.

Last edited:

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
It's been used by literary theorists, too, as in "reifies the ideation."

Here's a quote from critic Marjorie Falls Off, discussing a poem of D. Blackhorse, which, she says, “reinscribes the word smoke onto air, that most fallible of materials, thereby mimicking both the materiality and the immateriality of his chosen ‘marker,’ smoke. His disinclination to ‘fix’ either the meaning or the very presence of ‘smoke’ as concept reifies the ideation while simultaneously disenfranchising, placing under erasure, sous rature, the English language in which he accomplishes his deconstruction.” (Quoted in: http://voydofcourse.blogspot.com/2007/08/)

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

Here's a quote from critic Marjorie Falls Off, discussing a poem of D. Blackhorse, which, she says, “reinscribes the word smoke onto air, that most fallible of materials, thereby mimicking both the materiality and the immateriality of his chosen ‘marker,’ smoke. His disinclination to ‘fix’ either the meaning or the very presence of ‘smoke’ as concept reifies the ideation while simultaneously disenfranchising, placing under erasure, sous rature, the English language in which he accomplishes his deconstruction.” (Quoted in: http://voydofcourse.blogspot.com/2007/08/)

Well that certainly clarifies things!

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Not touching it as gifts for GF until Kimmy does! ........... as in Kardashian!!! LMAO (kidding)
These companies are in DESPERATE need of upping their game on the Men's side........ a la "Killy" which went out of business..... Maybe just a bit more tame than Saga or Picture Organic, which are some of my current favorites but tend to overdo the "Hoodie" craze. Let the fashion shows begin!

Last edited:

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ideation is a term used in mental health circles, for example “suicidal ideation” refers to thoughts about harming oneself, with or without necessarily having a plan or intent.

Admittedly, it’s not a word I commonly use in any other other context.

Last edited:

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

;)

Unfortunately, the concept of parody involves an understood discrepancy somewhere. Where are we when parody can't compete with reality?