• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lindsey Vonn launches her own skiwear line with Under Armour.

“The Under Armour team gave me freedom to express myself throughout the entire ideation and design process," Vonn explains in a press release. "I love being able to ski in looks that not only perform, but are also fashion-forward and different from anything else you would see on the slopes. Under Armour helped me bring my vision to life and the incredible amount of thought and detail that went into each pieces is what makes this collection so special.”

112817-lindsey-vonn-under-armour-lead.jpg

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Beyond skiing....If you've seen her in workouts on Youtube and in formal dress...this seems like a very smart move by UA. Very different sort of brand marker than Spieth. Expand the brand.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
It seems strange that Under Armor is flirting with ski clothing as the existing marketplace has so much competition already. The one knock I have with Under Armor is that their designs, at least in golf with Jordan Speith, are bland. Unless UA gear is selling at a deep discount, I am not a buyer.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Jacket is interesting, not sure how functional but the photo doesn't exactly show full angles and details. I don't own any UA now. I like the boots, but unlikely they're part of the line.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
I thought UA had finally realized that they need to stay in their lane and stop trying to run in Nike’s lane. Oh well. This seems like a fairly small initiative though, so there is likely not much for them to gain or loose here.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
It seems strange that Under Armor is flirting with ski clothing as the existing marketplace has so much competition already. The one knock I have with Under Armor is that their designs, at least in golf with Jordan Speith, are bland. Unless UA gear is selling at a deep discount, I am not a buyer.

I have a friend that is a ski rep and also reps UA. I'm pretty sure that if he had to choose to keep one over the other, it would be UA in a heartbeat.

James

Out There
Instructor
Bringing yoga pants to the slopes.

Is "ideation" really a word now?
It is. Been for couple decades. Probably much longer. Design/development circles. Doesn't roll off the tongue though.
I was amazed that the metaphorical/figurative usage of "literally" goes back well before millenials and Mr. Cofefve. Couple hundred years apparently. I literally passed out and died... Have to use "literal".

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Don't see why it's not an area UA would want to be in. Let's not forget they've established a mainstream sports brand from a niche base(layer). It's hardly Nike's lane. Though I found the ACG gear good , at least 15 years or so ago they never really committed to wintersports.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Could be to appeal to non-skiers?
Could be, but I see a lot of fashion forward stuff like this on people who can rip at places like Aspen, Beaver Creek, etc.
Granted, its not going to be for the Gore-tex loving crowd, but... She's building a brand for herself so she's relevant long after she hangs up her bib.

Beyond skiing....If you've seen her in workouts on Youtube and in formal dress...this seems like a very smart move by UA. Very different sort of brand marker than Spieth. Expand the brand.
Exactly

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

• They aren't flirting with ski clothing, they're hanging their hopes on Lindsey Vonn's name and relevance
  • This looks to me as though they're stepping away from "bland"

I mean, c'mon, didn't that shot of Lindsey get your motor running a little bit? ;)

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
  • They aren't flirting with ski clothing, they're hanging their hopes on Lindsey Vonn's name and relevance
  • This looks to me as though they're stepping away from "bland"
I mean, c'mon, didn't that shot of Lindsey get your motor running a little bit? ;)
I'll admit it, she just needs a whip and taller boots.:decisions:

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have an idea _ intertwine her initials , maybe in a Roman font then print in gold as a pattern all over the garments. Seems legit.
I like the idea of her initials as an embellishment.
From the article:
Vonn gave traditional skiwear an upgrade in this collaboration with vintage camo prints, metallic fabrics, and rose-gold hardware. All the pieces are a reflection of Vonn's personal style while still containing all the performance elements needed for winter sports.

James

Out There
Instructor
What type of price point are we talking with this line? I mean is it Martha Stewart at Kmart or Lindsey at Gorsuch?
I could look it up but my research time today has been spent in the cordless drill thread looking into nail polish. Then in the Rember... thread looking into Swatch time. Which we're not using even though it kind of made sense. Like Soloman Power Ratings

Ok, I'm, @getting out of here, #Dark Side of the Moon, #It's all dark

Sponsor

Staff online