• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tyrolia Attack 13 Demo Bindings Adjustment Thread

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Without a separate Forward Pressure adjustment on the Attack 13 Demo Bindings what do you do to assure correct adjustment?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
The BSL length adjustment is the forward pressure adjustment. I assume there is still a forward pressure indicator no?

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Yes there's an indicator, just no separate way to adjust the forward pressure. So you just move the heelpiece to the next notch? I think they're 8mm apart.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will say the Attack Demo is one of the most set it and forget it binding...set the toe and heels at 305 (or whatever) ...it is right on the money.

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have done this a lot, and you move the heel piece back and forth until it is within range. The clicks are a lot closer than 8 mm, I would guess about 2 mm apart. The clicks are not the same as the markings on the binding. On the rear tab you lift up to move the binding, there are a row of grooves. With the boot in, the edge or indicator spot on the binding should be within the range of the grooves. Typicall at one click you are mid - one end of grooves and on the next tab you are mid - opposite end of grooves. Your choice of clicks as long as you are within the range of grooves. Usually the preset line for your boot length is the right "click" to be in.

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Hey Scott. I just tried that and my Attack 13 Demo bindings do not work that way. Each click is to the next 8mm numbered range, the tab will not engage in between markings.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
That's how my demos work; there may be something wrong with yours, Steve, or possibly you're just sliding them past the in-between slots (FYI, I did that the first time I wanted to move my boot center back a bit. It's easy to do at first).

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
I've seen forward pressure setting instructions on the Attack 13 standard (there's a thread on that here, too), but not on the demo. The indicator seems different. Any tips?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The indicator looks like this?

Attack Demo Heel.jpg

TS
Steve

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Bottom line is there is no forward pressure setting. It is done through the BSL setting adjustment.

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
Bottom line is there is no forward pressure setting. It is done through the BSL setting adjustment.

Is the same true for the Marker Griffon demo bindings? I set them by BSL and presumed that was good in the absence of any obvious forward pressure marker?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Is the same true for the Marker Griffon demo bindings? I set them by BSL and presumed that was good in the absence of any obvious forward pressure marker?
For the 17/18, yes. Previous years, no. The rear screw needs to be flush.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hi Guys,

I got some FX85s with demo bindings this summer. Next week, I'll be using them for the first time at Stowe!....I thought demo bindings were supposed to be easy/self-explanatory to adjust at home...by anyone. I tried adjusting from the 290s to the 280s, using some large flathead screwdrivers, unscrewing the screw behind the heel and at the front of the toe piece, but nothing is really happening. The front toe piece has moved a bit....But the size has not changed in the way I need. There don't seem to be many videos explaining how to do this on youtube. The ones I did watch were very vague and not specific to my model of bindings.

Can anyone point me to a good step-by-step guide/video on how to adjust these particular bindings? Do I need a special tool? Do I need to unscrew more screws?...Is this something I shouldn't even be attempting to do by myself??? (I thought that easy adjustments was the point of demo bindings).

I've attached a picture of the bindings and the two tools I have tried using.

Any insight is appreciated!....Otherwise, I will have to cough up 100+ dollars for the adjustment and wax ;(

Thanks,
k

IMG_6382.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January