• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Thinnest Ski Socks/Sock Liners

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Fyi..
Thank you for contacting Smartwool. The Ski socks we have available in the thinnest available are:

PhD Ski Ultra Light

PhD Slopestyle Light these will be a little thicker than the ones above

Both of those are in over calf height.

PhD Nordic Ultra Light

PhD Graduated Compression Ultra Light

PhD Outdoor Ultra Light Crew

All of these socks are in crew height.

Another option would be the PdD Outdoor Mountaineer which are over the calf and in the Light Elite, which are heavier than the Ultra Light and Light thickness.

If we can be of more assistance please contact us by email or by phone at 1-888-879-WOOL (9665).

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
PhD Slopestyle Light these will be a little thicker than the ones above

The slope style is not a LITTLE thicker. It's A LOT thicker. Borders on being lumpy.

Atomicman

Out on the slopes
Skier
X-socks Carving Ultra light.. Have used them for years. I have to have padded loopies over my shin. Very thin, I ski in a full plug boot with no x-tra room.
XSocksSkiCarvingUltralight.jpg

From BlisterGear:

I prefer a thin sock that allows me not to lose any feeling for my skis. In addition, thin socks allow me to have a really snug boot fit. The women’s Ski Carving Ultralight sock made by X Socks combines thin, high-tech fibers with anatomically adapted padding to maximize energy transmission and regulate temperature. Features such as the “X-Cross Bandage” and the “Traverse AirFlow Channel System” provide comfort, support, cooling, and warmth all at once.

In addition to merino wool and Robur, X Socks are made with Mythlan, which prevents the growth of odor and bacteria. I’m usually skiing everyday, and its often difficult to find a pair of clean socks. With X Socks, I can literally wash my socks once a month and still not scare people off with reeking boots. They are more expensive than your basic ski sock ($55), but you really need only one or two pairs, and you’re set. In my opinion, there is nothing better than X Socks.

MaCC

Booting up
Skier
Wigwam thinnest and sometimes no socks at all. Believe it or not, they really aren't needed

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've picked up 5 or 6 pairs of Lorpen thin race socks over the past couple of years and like them. So far they've held up well, but I put them at the mountain and try to change back into street socks when I take my boots off for the day (a Phil tip from many years ago).

L&AirC

PSIA Instructor and USSA Coach
Skier
The last couple seasons I used a sock liner from Eastern Mountain Sports. The wick well but they can only wick to the boot liner. They usually run a special with a buy 3 (or 4) and get one free. You can find them online. Fairly inexpensive.

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
DryMax Ankle Height - never fall down while stomping huckz.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier
Trying to figure out my next sock - read through this thread and narrowed it down to the below. I wish the sites compared their socks so that I knew which was the thinnest for each brand. If you know that these are not the thinnest for each brand, please let me know.

https://point6.com/collections/sock.../37-5-ski-ultra-light-otc?variant=51319076870
https://www.lorpennorthamerica.com/womens/womens-wintersports/SANP
http://www.bridgedale.com/usa/ultra-fit

I want something as thin as possible that has some wicking capabilities. Have folks had experience with more than one of these?

Or should I buy one of each and see what works?

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
I actually ski in medical grade ultra-thin compression socks (36-41mm compression) purchased on Amazon ($15). This actually started by accident, as I forgot to change out of my airplane socks but overall it was such a better experience that I've been skiing in them for the last two years.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Trying to figure out my next sock - read through this thread and narrowed it down to the below. I wish the sites compared their socks so that I knew which was the thinnest for each brand. If you know that these are not the thinnest for each brand, please let me know.

https://point6.com/collections/sock.../37-5-ski-ultra-light-otc?variant=51319076870
https://www.lorpennorthamerica.com/womens/womens-wintersports/SANP
http://www.bridgedale.com/usa/ultra-fit

I want something as thin as possible that has some wicking capabilities. Have folks had experience with more than one of these?

Or should I buy one of each and see what works?
I have the point6 and the Bridgedale. Bridgedale is ever so slightly thinner but the Point 6-s are my favorites due to durability, fit and feel. More supportive than the Bridgedales.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is my favorite ultra thin socks....

See, really thin. ;)

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
X-socks Carving Ultra light.. Have used them for years. I have to have padded loopies over my shin. Very thin, I ski in a full plug boot with no x-tra room.

From BlisterGear:

I prefer a thin sock that allows me not to lose any feeling for my skis. In addition, thin socks allow me to have a really snug boot fit. The women’s Ski Carving Ultralight sock made by X Socks combines thin, high-tech fibers with anatomically adapted padding to maximize energy transmission and regulate temperature. Features such as the “X-Cross Bandage” and the “Traverse AirFlow Channel System” provide comfort, support, cooling, and warmth all at once.

In addition to merino wool and Robur, X Socks are made with Mythlan, which prevents the growth of odor and bacteria. I’m usually skiing everyday, and its often difficult to find a pair of clean socks. With X Socks, I can literally wash my socks once a month and still not scare people off with reeking boots. They are more expensive than your basic ski sock ($55), but you really need only one or two pairs, and you’re set. In my opinion, there is nothing better than X Socks.

laine

I ski like a girl. Fast.
Skier

From BlisterGear:

@Atomicman - are these the same ones?
https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/x-socks-ski-carving-ultralight/109276/p

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Sponsor