• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
And just when models are turning towards starting to snow again....something crashes into a bridge over i70, and CDOT forecasts "MAJOR" I70 closures, and is currently suggesting 285/Co 9 as an alternative.

almost sounds as bad as my daily commute to Manhattan. If someone simply burps in the wrong direction it causes major delays and reroutes. Heck if they simply say its going to rain tomorrow traffic delays become a nightmare now.

BoofHead

Getting on the lift
Skier
Before I found out about the lack of snow in Utah and CO. My biggest dilemma was which skis to pack.
Looks like the Mantras will be getting dusted off.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Ok, it looks like WP traffic can come back, using the service road to Downieville. I hope the bridge doesn't require anything more than to stuff a new post under it where the truck hit. Hugs to the families of the guys in the truck.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Where it's a bad thing when the sky is NOT falling!

ab2370c5c5fb83f2adbd0207a1928f60--raising-chickens-twitter.jpg

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It is 85 today here in Orange County, CA. :( At least the nights are cooling down:huh:

jack97

Out on the slopes
Skier
And just when models are turning towards starting to snow again....

The frigid air mass that's pushing the clipper to the East and North East appears to be breaking the ridge over the Rockies. The North West looks like it will get some fronts entering the region and maybe dip down to CO later this week . I saw one model that did this, hopefully the ensemble will tilt this way.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
No bitching from me!!!

Snow at Deer Valley was awesome today!!!!
:wave:

Can you PLEASE put that in the form of a complaint of some type? There must be something to gripe about. Like maybe all the sun off the freshly groomed snow made you have to squint slightly, which you hate. Or perhaps there was a gentle breeze that made it slightly uncomfortable to sit on the non-heated lift... I mean c'mon... gimme something!

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Can you PLEASE put that in the form of a complaint of some type? There must be something to gripe about. Like maybe all the sun off the freshly groomed snow made you have to squint slightly, which you hate. Or perhaps there was a gentle breeze that made it slightly uncomfortable to sit on the non-heated lift... I mean c'mon... gimme something!

My photochromatic (sp?) lenses were perfect for the blue skis and bright sun

There was ZERO wind or breeze

The 21 lift rides I took were all very comfortable

Hmmm, the Turkey Chili was amazing

The hot tub temperature was just about right, maybe a bit hot, but the 3 Peroni’s we drank in the hot tub were nice and cold

Sorry @dbostedo, I just can’t help you out at all

Goose

Out on the slopes
Skier
on the lighter side Whistler is almost all open.
www.whistlerblackcomb.com/mountain-info/snow-report Not as much new as usual recently but visitors have been able to see where they are
ok, dbostedo is going to become angry with these pleasantries. Whistler was my other most highly debatable vaca choice vs Telluride which of course doesnt even have enough of anything to even clear condensation from car windows.

Two reasons for Tell choice was that W is more similar to the wetter east coast snows im already familiar with vs T and less march spring break crowds at T. Both negatives for W which is why we have this thread. Im just trying to keep dbostedo in the miserable spirit.

And BTW Xmas is around the corner. And with that I say "Bah, Humbug" I want to hang out with Scrooge.
Which BTW I saw in the movies with those ghosts so real when I was like 8 and spent the next week sleeping in mom and dads bed. I was really "ascared".

Oh yea, and just to add. United just changed my booked flight to Montrose for the Telluride trip. Now landing over 3hrs later killing what little of the first day I originally had. Was landing about noon now not till 3. That's a bummer considering the 1-1/2 hr drive to tell. But honestly with no snow I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

Last edited:

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
ok, dbostedo is going to become angry with these pleasantries. Whistler was my other most highly debatable vaca choice vs Telluride which of course doesnt even have enough of anything to even clear condensation from car windows.

Two reasons for Tell choice was that W is more similar to the wetter east coast snows im already familiar with vs T and less march spring break crowds at T. Both negatives for W which is why we have this thread. Im just trying to keep dbostedo in the miserable spirit.

And BTW Xmas is around the corner. And with that I say "Bah, Humbug" I want to hang out with Scrooge.
Which BTW I saw in the movies with those ghosts so real when I was like 8 and spent the next week sleeping in mom and dads bed. I was really "ascared".

Oh yea, and just to add. United just changed my booked flight to Montrose for the Telluride trip. Now landing over 3hrs later killing what little of the first day I originally had. Was landing about noon now not till 3. That's a bummer considering the 1-1/2 hr drive to tell. But honestly with no snow I guess it doesn't matter anyway.
That three hour flight change might be enough to get you a refund without having to pay change fees.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
I'm sure everyone has stories about how they really needed to wash their gunked-up car, because it looked so awful, and within 24 hours after the wash job, it rained or snowed, and the car was all gunked-up again and we felt like we wasted our time washing it. So what we need to do to get it to snow, is for all of us to wash our cars. Today. Wax them, too. That'll bring a big storm. :D

When I was a senior at Bear Creek High School, a few miles east of Morrison, Colorado, the student body decided to have a car show. The show was staged about a week or so before the end of the school year. Everybody washed and waxed their cars. We had 50-60 cars, including rods, customs and a couple of race cars. I took a ribbon for 4th place in the Stock Class with my '63 Chevy Impala Sport Coupe.

A few days after the car show, there was a tremendous rain storm, centered around Morrison and the Bear Creek canyon to the west. Bear Creek flooded, damaging Morrison and homes and businesses down into Denver and the confluence of Bear Creek with the Platte River. The flood triggered the construction of the Mount Carbon Dam, to prevent future flooding. All because a bunch of high school kids washed their cars at the same time. :D

So, let's all wash our cars, Right? The magnificent pow will be glorious! :D

Sponsor

Staff online