• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
New Hawx Ultra 80W boots for my beginner girlfriend mounted on 4Frnt Blondie skis. Skis came mounted with white Attack 11 bindings and need to be remounted due to the much shorter sole boots, so we upgraded to matching black Attack 13 bindings and sold the Attack 11 bindings. Got the skis and bindings last Fall for $200 Canadian from a teen that bought them at the Toronto Snow Show and then discovered they were "Women's skis" so I got them cheap! She's going to looking good on the magic carpet!

!
IMG_5360.JPG

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Great deal on the skis!!

Yeah! Unfortunately, they won't even ship till the 29th, so it's going to be a while.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
That’s coming up quickly.....they’ll be here before you know it.

The problem is:

Ship on 29th

Arrive ... some time the following week?

Need to get bindings mounted and get them checked out and tuned by Doug. He's in Breck and works weekdays.

So, *if* they arrive within a week of shipping, I'll still need to bring them to Breck on a weekend and won't be able to pick them up till the following week. So, best case, I ski them the 16th. Worst case, Christmas.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So here’s the final component of my Powder Quiver. Freshly mounted Head Kore 195 89-s. The light weight encouraged me to go long. Love the profile...just a little bit of rocker. The cats dig them.

So on fresh days it will be:
Stockli AX
Nordica Enforcer 100
Head Core 105
Moment Blister Pro

The least favored gets sold....I think.

87D28388-AF9D-4090-B51E-1C7A88D86349.jpeg
654C7C59-C8B2-4DBB-957F-117C1A2AA832.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I sold my Santa Anas!! Super fast, and the woman who bought them is replacing skis that are 15 years old. I talked to her and her husband a lot about the skis, modern skiing, and the value of a ski lesson to make the best use of a modern ski. And I was clear about the fact that a wider ski like this would be a big transition for her. Her husband told me they've never gotten such a detailed response from a Craigslist ad, and she asked me to keep her in mind if I wanted to sell any skis in the future - LOL.

So, that's like, a "brag about how great a person I am selling gear" post.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I bought 180 cm Rossignol Experience 88HD demos with Rossignol/Look demo bindings for $299.99 yesterday. The shop was able to scrape and buff the storage wax into skiing wax and adjust them to my boots in about 20 minutes. I bought them for my son who has been skiing on 74-waist Volkyls with demo bindings skis that I thought I'd worn out. I tried them out yesterday and they lived up to and maybe even slightly exceeded my expectations. They are the narrowest skis I've been on it a few years and tied for the shortest I've skied since I was on the Volkyls. I'm not sure how much more time I'll get on them as he lives about 50 miles away and probably will want them at his house as he does not always go with us or stop here on his way to mountains. Now he needs good boots to go with them which he already has asked my wife to contribute to for Christmas and his birthday which is a few days after.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Love my 2015 Pinicle 95’s just a sweet Ski! Anxious to try the 105, heard great things about them.
Well, there's a big difference between the 2018 models and previous ones. I ilke the new 95 as well, but thought the old 95 was quite scary unstable with folding tips. The new ones are a blast though. And the 105 as well, just wider, but just as playful and tonnes of float for a ski this wide.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
I would pick the Atris then. I chose the Pinnacles because I do not ski fast or agressive in powder, no gnarly lines, just cruisin' and enjoying the quiet off the beaten track (or groomed runs, in this case). If I were to be more of an adrenaline seeker, I would have gone for the Atris in 184 myself. For reference, I am 6' and 190 lbs, level 7 skier.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These Zipfits may have been the best ski purchase I’ve ever made. All of a sudden boots I’ve struggled with getting fit and aligned for over a year (RS 130) have become just awesome. For the first time in years I feel like right footers don’t need to be manufactured. They’re also warm and very comfortable for the level of performance they offer. They're harder to get in than the stock liners but small price to pay. Warm too.

Foam seemed to make less sense for me as my track record getting things right with boots on the first try is really bad.

265B244C-050F-4F07-B620-C41EA1490ABA.jpeg

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I bought a pair of Goode carbon poles. On sale for $70. If someone had told me I would spend that much on poles with few years ago I would have said they were nuts. I do really like them though.

Sponsor

Staff online