• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Bought these for my son new on Ebay. Hope he likes them! Fischer RC4 70 JR TMS
20171006_125332.jpg

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
This is pretty much what I've heard from everyone that's been on them. Even though they haven't changed much...those slight changes have made a great ski even better. After two east coast seasons of 100 underfoot skis (Santa Anas) being my regular go-to, I decided it was time for something narrower. Looked at the Code originally, then after much thought, I opted towards something slightly more versatile. Originally was going for the 86, but sizes pushed me towards the 84 (86 doesn't come smaller than a 167).

84 is better... you've got the right RTM.

TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

djetok

Low Lander
Skier
This is pretty much what I've heard from everyone that's been on them. Even though they haven't changed much...those slight changes have made a great ski even better. After two east coast seasons of 100 underfoot skis (Santa Anas) being my regular go-to, I decided it was time for something narrower. Looked at the Code originally, then after much thought, I opted towards something slightly more versatile. Originally was going for the 86, but sizes pushed me towards the 84 (86 doesn't come smaller than a 167).
I love my 84. I am thinking of adding a 88, but I'm afraid there will be not much different. I have a 77 and 84 , want a brahma 88

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This weekend is the South Florida Ski Expo, so in spite of having surgery Wednesday morning I got in the car and drove down to Ft. Lauderdale. My Friend Marco met me there, and it was nice to have 20+ years of WC skiing insight to help out. Marco figured I needed a 100-110 flex and picked out a few to choose from prior to starting with the boot fitter. Boot fitter was a Nordica Rep from VA Beach and down for the event.

My foot showed between a 28.5 and 29. So he came back with a 28.5. It was way too big, so out came the 27.5. Wow it felt short, but as soon as I was strapped in and flexed it a few times to put my heal firmly against the cup of the boot’s heal it was perfect.

I tired on Nordica, Full Tilt, Dalbello and Lange. I had liked the Nordica rental boots I wore in March. The Dalbello was a nice fit, but not as tight/fitted as the Nordica Speed Machine 110. The Nordica 3D Cork Fit liner definitely felt the best of the liners

The liners were heated and formed, I stood and walked around a bit to get them to form to my shape and all is good. I did need an insole too as my left foot showed pronation and this leveled out my foot. As many before have stated, I was super surprised at how short the boots were that he fitted for me.

30E9B07B-6E7E-43CD-9EE7-72049AEA1F04.jpeg
912B3658-3962-4E92-BE4A-796D09C13727.jpeg

Next up skis

1chris5

Getting off the lift
Skier
Still $325 with Tyrolia Attacks on their Ebay store. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Head-M...85-Bindings-/191837175208?hash=item2caa62fda8

I've always had good luck calling them and having them uncouple bindings to just sell me skis at the difference. Asogear == Corbetts Ski in Canada (free US shipping), so you can call them at their main store.
Stop shaming me! I bought the M83 earlier in the summer for $40 more at Asogear. If I only had a crystal ball and patience. Cheers

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Even a great buy might need help getting in the house:
paid what.png

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
TS
jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Thanks to @Philpug "The Enabler" -- I have some new 177cm Monster 83s on the way to me for $200 flat. Now I'm officially pumped for the WROD.

Have some Head GTO 15 bindings (w/ 10mm risers) to mount up to them. May consider mounting w/o risers if I can source a set of shorter length screws.

Link in case anyone else is looking... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0163JFKJW/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

61HpO5jR8TL._SL1002_.jpg

So these arrived today....

With a set of Tyrolia Attack 13s in the box. $199 shipped to me. That was unexpected!

So now I have a dilemma....black/white Attack 13s with their wider AFD, or Head GTO15s (aka Mojo 15s on 10mm risers), with a white/blue/orange colorway. Lower stand height or higher....full metal binding or light and agile...choices choices choices.

GTO colors
31241-head-gto-15-ski-bindings-whiteorangeblue-78mm-xl.jpg

Bonus is if I go GTOs then I get to sell the Attacks on PugSki.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So these arrived today....

With a set of Tyrolia Attack 13s in the box. $199 shipped to me. That was unexpected!

So now I have a dilemma....black/white Attack 13s with their wider AFD, or Head GTO15s (aka Mojo 15s on 10mm risers), with a white/blue/orange colorway. Lower stand height or higher....full metal binding or light and agile...choices choices choices.

GTO colors
31241-head-gto-15-ski-bindings-whiteorangeblue-78mm-xl.jpg

Bonus is if I go GTOs then I get to sell the Attacks on PugSki.
That GTO is a bomber binding. Are these to be for the Monster 83? I'd go with the GTO on the M83's. Ast far as the Attacks, keep them, they won't "go bad" for at least a decade, you will find some skis to go with them.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
WoooHooo

Look what came back in stock today!!!

Got one for me and one for @Mrs. 53

52”/130cm

One in Red, one in Silver, I’ll let Betsy pick her color of choice.

http://store.goode.com/pure-carbon-classic-ski-pole/

Wait - are you both about the s
WoooHooo

Look what came back in stock today!!!

Got one for me and one for @Mrs. 53

52”/130cm

One in Red, one in Silver, I’ll let Betsy pick her color of choice.

http://store.goode.com/pure-carbon-classic-ski-pole/

Wait - are you both about the same height? Over six feet tall? https://www.evo.com/guides/ski-pole-size-chart

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
We are not vertically challenged :roflmao:

Betsy is not 6’, but has very long legs with an inseam of 34”

As long as when you do the pole test, it's the right length ... flip the pole upside down, grip just above the basket, and your forearm should be parallel to the floor.

I see a *lot* of intermediate skiers who have clearly developed bad shoulder habits with the "assistance" of poles that are too long.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
As long as when you do the pole test, it's the right length ... flip the pole upside down, grip just above the basket, and your forearm should be parallel to the floor.

I see a *lot* of intermediate skiers who have clearly developed bad shoulder habits with the "assistance" of poles that are too long.

I have a set of 50”ers that are too short for both of us, and these Goodes (in the model I bought) are adjustable down a couple of inches too. The nice thing is, the adjustment is not in the shaft, but rather under the grip. I don’t like the look of the shaft adjustable poles, they just don’t look clean if you know what I mean

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

All those intermediates with the too long poles probably used the "Monique Measuring System" :duck:....The hand should grip the pole below the basket when doing the pole length measurement test.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
All those intermediates with the too long poles probably used the "Monique Measuring System" :duck:....The hand should grip the pole below the basket when doing the pole length measurement test.

Using the "Monique Measuring System" would actually give you a shorter pole than the "Dano Measuring System" ... so maybe the intermediates should start using the MMS? :huh:

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
With either the DMS or the MMS system of measurement , is that in your sock feet or in your boots ready to go?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My foot showed between a 28.5 and 29. So he came back with a 28.5. It was way too big, so out came the 27.5. Wow it felt short, but as soon as I was strapped in and flexed it a few times to put my heal firmly against the cup of the boot’s heal it was perfect.
That just warms the cockles of my heart to read that.

Sponsor

Staff online