• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Eastern Canada Summer skiing at Tremblant

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
tremblantsummer.jpg

Blue-green with the white tent!! Not sure if you're walking back up or using the Magic Carpet to the left by the rail fence. Might be included in the Ikon Pass....More details to come next week.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I did the outdoor summer skiing thing once at Powder Ridge when they had their setup and wearing long pants and all the ski clothing outside on a september day when it's hot out almost killed me. This looks a whole lot better of a setup than we had in CT but it's the whole full clothing outside thing when it's hot as hell out that loses me. I'm excited to see this develop, it's very exiting for the mountain. Summer stuff at the mountains is always great. Can't wait to hear more information about it.

At this point I'm all about the indoor facility at the Meadowlands. 28 degrees is a fabulous escape from the heat. Now we just need to get one in Boston.

Last edited:
TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
I think I'll take my Hero ST Ca's. They are done anyways.

I do have some Rollerblade knee, wrist and elbow pads kicking around somewhere.

Seriously - this is the teaching slope for beginner skiers. The lower slope is the snowboard one. It's a little steeper, but nothing for most of us. It'll just be good to be on the boards for a day and then go paddle.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Seriously - this is the teaching slope for beginner skiers. The lower slope is the snowboard one. It's a little steeper, but nothing for most of us.

Eh, it's good for discipline in flattenning the skis; not flat enough and not pointed downhill enough and you won't go anywhere. Most of us get sloppy.

It'll just be good to be on the boards for a day and then go paddle.

Sure. Half a day. Seriously, 3 hours or less is all I ever wanted to stand.

TS
Jilly

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Same price whether you wear your own stuff or not. I thought I should get it free with my Ikon pass....But that would most likely create a zoo. I don't know of another dry slope in Canada. There might be something in Alberta at Canada Olympic Park(?).

Mel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Same price whether you wear your own stuff or not. I thought I should get it free with my Ikon pass....But that would most likely create a zoo. I don't know of another dry slope in Canada. There might be something in Alberta at Canada Olympic Park(?).
Nope, nothing here at COP. They turn everything into downhill mountain biking in the summer.

I love skiing, and I miss it (a lot!) in the summer, but just can’t imagine this would really scratch the skiing itch for me. And definitely not at that price!

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
Those carpets are handy when your downloading late in season after the snow at the base has melted.

No way I'd ever pay to get on one. Lot of road rash potential and overall just unpleasant sliding.

In summer At Whistler they only use them on the ramps for practicing ariels

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I love hockey. I played in the summer for a number of years. Even at that, with decent summer ice, hockey is a winter sport. I'm happy to do other stuff in the summer and wait for winter again.

Sponsor

Staff online