• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Cargo pants are easier to get stuff from out on the mountain.. unless you're wearing the vest as your outer outer layer. Not ideal when snow guns are blasting or ULLR is dumping.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Cargo pants are easier to get stuff from out on the mountain.. unless you're wearing the vest as your outer outer layer. Not ideal when snow guns are blasting or ULLR is dumping.
It depends on the vest. Mines waterproofed and all the pockets are lined with a vinyl like substance. I carry my cigs and lighter in an outside pocket and come in looking like frosty the snowman after coming under the snow guns and the cigs are dry.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
It depends on the vest. Mines waterproofed and all the pockets are lined with a vinyl like substance. I carry my cigs and lighter in an outside pocket and come in looking like frosty the snowman after coming under the snow guns and the cigs are dry.
What about your arms? Are you wearing a waterproof jacket UNDER the vest?? Seems counterproductive..

Must ski jackets I've owned had an outer breast pocket pocket that worked well for those types of items..

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
What about your arms? Are you wearing a waterproof jacket UNDER the vest?? Seems counterproductive..

Must ski jackets I've owned had an outer breast pocket pocket that worked well for those types of items..
for skiing here at the Wolf my usual layering is ....long underwear shirt, a basic long sleeve shirt,a sweater, , a shell with crosses on it ,and my vest. once it warms up around 10ish or so I usually shuck the sweater. If it's real cold I'll get rid of the shell and wear a jacket under the vest. You can see my usual outfit in my avatar. this is why I wear a vest
patrol vest.jpg

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
@Snowfan

My vest arrived 2 days after ordering and I LOVE IT!

I plan on wearing it every day I ski because of the storage features.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
That's great Dave, I'm so glad you like it. :golfclap:

Really well-made and heavy. I've already skied with it a few days with single digit temps -- very warm.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
8916079F-8E44-45BD-9BA2-D3D0263EEF59.jpeg

This is the inside — look at all of those zippered pockets!

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
@Dave Petersen — what sort of stuff are you putting in the pockets?

glasses & case, ipod, iphone, neck gator, wallet, sunblock, season pass

I just like all my stuff on one layer so I can find it easier. Plus it keeps my phone and ipod warm being against my chest.

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier

Varmintmist

Bear, with furnture.
Skier
for skiing here at the Wolf my usual layering is ....long underwear shirt, a basic long sleeve shirt,a sweater, , a shell with crosses on it ,and my vest. once it warms up around 10ish or so I usually shuck the sweater. If it's real cold I'll get rid of the shell and wear a jacket under the vest. You can see my usual outfit in my avatar. this is why I wear a vest View attachment 35553
What are the PTO pins for?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
SCOTTeVEST even has an attached key ring in one of the pockets.
3806E059-59B4-43C8-BC6A-940A95E9EFAE.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online