• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski the Southeast and Mid Atlantic Meet-up Thread 2016

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
16708459_1565218910160308_7339680715475514268_n.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I checked the Applachian website last night. They have the USSA Boarder/Skier X championships scheduled there on the 11th. I'll try to go catch some of that if it goes down..

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
OK Sunday morning is shaping up nicely for a POWDER DAY!
:snow:
:daffy:

I will be at Beech around whatever time I get there

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Totals higher up past 5,000 feet might be double this. Not "bottomless", but with temps in the low 20s this ought to be a lot of fun Sunday morning..

tys.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Appalachian Ski Mountain has the guns blowing white stuff right now! :yahoo:

I'm 100% there Saturday morning if it's open.. Would consider Beech or Sugar if others are meeting there but usually go Happy Appy first and last tracks every year. Also Appalacian will have $5 lift tickets first Saturday in December for their anniversary celebration... weather permitting

Andy Jones

Booting up
Skier
I read today the Cataloochee started their snow making today also. Don’t think I’ll be there for a few more weeks. Sore knee from running. Don’t want to push it and ruin the rest of the season.

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
I am out of town on Sat (flying home) but Id go Sunday and meet my ski buddy and anyone else that wants to be a ski buddy (this is a voted position so bribes help)
I got those gloves still BTW but will have to find them and I also think I have some of Mrs Grumps gloves?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
@Old boot let's wait a week. Saturday and Sunday Dec 2nd and 3rd is Appalachian's annual $5 lift tickets weekend (9-4). Funds got tight because Mrs crgildart got laid off this month so buying 2-3 tickets at five bucks next week when they'll probably have more trails open seems like a no brainer. I'll have a kid or two to join us.

I'm not worried about the gloves. Let's try to connect on Saturday the 2nd. We got other stuff booked Sunday so that's a no go.

C

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
Im working that weekend in NC but near the coast so that weekend is 100% out

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Heck im thinking Wed this week before I fly out if something is open

Everything should be open this Wednesday, have fun! I'm working through Wednesday and have non skiing family visiting over the holiday weekend so we'll just have to connect sometime when you're not of in Canucktistan. Christmas break (I know UGH!) we should be available to stand in lift corrals any day except New Year's Day.. more family house bound stuff that day.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
OK SOLID to head up to Appalachian Sunday morning with a kid. @Old boot let us know if you're available to meet us there.. same goes for everyone else. Sugar will also be open but we like to start the season at the little place. Kid will be on longer skis than last season, really grew a LOT over the summer. He's now almost as tall as I am!

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
OK SOLID to head up to Appalachian Sunday morning with a kid. @Old boot let us know if you're available to meet us there.. same goes for everyone else. Sugar will also be open but we like to start the season at the little place. Kid will be on longer skis than last season, really grew a LOT over the summer. He's now almost as tall as I am!
Heading to Whistler for 3 days, today I fly out later on

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I hope all the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast members have a great time this weekend on the fresh snow. :daffy:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Appalachian was quite nice today. Slept in because everything below 1K thawed and re froze last night. Left at 7:45 and clicked in around 11am. Skied until 2:45 but the kid quit a little earlier. Great coverage, mostly open, no dirt or rocks at all. They got about 11" of fresh Friday and Saturday.

Looks like my Ski Tracks app only captured about 1 of my three sessions out there.
25158228_1906467679368761_894242648627261455_n.jpg