• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ski edge damage advice

zeak

Booting up
Skier
Hi there. Found someone who’s selling rossi soul 7 for 100. I want to get these for my son but not sure if there’s too much damage on the edges. Is this something that is going to need a little or a lot of grinding? Or is it not even worth repairing? Thanks.

Attachments

• D2E47180-96CF-4480-9EB4-B14012087497.mp4
    6.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 6D535BCC-9AAB-4C00-8F4D-B86F86FBCE2A.mp4
    5.2 MB · Views: 0

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
It is an 8 yr old powder ski. Do you need edges? :)

It really looks ok to me. A good shop tune and you will be all set. Edges and bases.

jt10000

步步高升
Skier
Hi there. Found someone who’s selling rossi soul 7 for 100. I want to get these for my son but not sure if there’s too much damage on the edges. Is this something that is going to need a little or a lot of grinding? Or is it not even worth repairing? Thanks.
That looks like normal usage to me. Edge tuning would be good. A grind wouldn't hurt but am not sure it's necessary unless the ski has trouble retaining wax.

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, skis look age and use appropriate. Biggest challenge will be working around previous mount holes - looked like they haven't been filled yet? Best to fill them with something more robust than the plastic quickies.

Sponsor