• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Roll Call: Virginia, Maryland, DC, West Virginia, Southern PA

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Hi y'all! If I missed an existing thread for this area, please feel free to move, combine, or delete.

Curious about who among us are in, or ski at places within, a half-day drive of DC. Under the state, add your screen name and name, general area where you live, and where you usually ski.

Virginia:
  • @va_deb Deb - Fairfax County (Springfield/Alexandria-ish Fairfax County), final year of Timberline WV season pass (b/c three year deal was super cheap); occasionally Sunday at Massanutten for a quick afternoon trip. Love Tahoe, and planning to make it an annual trip. Got the MCP for this season.

Maryland:

West VA:

Southern PA:

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Curious about who among us are in, or ski at places within, a half-day drive of DC. Under the state, add your screen name and name, general area where you live, and where you usually ski.

Virginia:
  • @va_deb Deb - Fairfax County (Springfield/Alexandria-ish Fairfax County), final year of Timberline WV season pass (b/c three year deal was super cheap); occasionally Sunday at Massanutten for a quick afternoon trip. Love Tahoe, and planning to make it an annual trip. Got the MCP for this season.
  • Jim K - also Fx County, ski various local areas, but in last few seasons more than half of my approx 30 annual ski days are at western destinations. There are several T-Line regulars on here and I ski with them there about once a season.

Maryland:

West VA:

Southern PA:

TS
va_deb

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Nice to meet you, @Jim Kenney. Just discovered the mid-A gathering thread. Sorry we can't be in for in for Blue Knob, but if the stars align maybe we could see if other folks who are nearby are interested in a spontaneous trip to White Tail some Sunday (knowing that Sat. would be too crowded). I still haven't been to WT yet. We also will be putting our ski budget toward western trips since we got the MCP this year.

There is just no comparison between mid-A and western snow.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter

Virginia:
  • Jim K - also Fx County, ski various local areas, but in last few seasons more than half of my approx 30 annual ski days are at western destinations. There are several T-Line regulars on here and I ski with them there about once a season.

Maryland:

West VA:
jimmy- Live in Wheeling WV. I ski in CAnaan Valley most weekends. Part time instructor at Timberline the last nine seasons, looks as if I will be teaching at Canaan Valley Resort this year.

Southern PA:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Another Fairfax resident here - I'm Dave. I ski Whitetail more than any other nearby place - I'll be there on many Fridays this winter hopefully; With occasional trips to Massanutten, Roundtop, or Liberty.

Ohioskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
In past there have been some formal gatherings for epic ski in the region. Are there any plans to do a pug ski gathering?

My kids have had a lot of fun hanging out and skiing.

@kitchener you still around?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Dave started a thread in Resorts and Conditions. Perhaps we can get them merged?? Kinda tough to decide if general regional chat belongs in meetups and gatherings or in resorts and conditions..

Mid-A Conditions, Resorts, Meetups, and Stoke 17/18

Durham, NC in da house.. We ski Appalachian, Beech, Sugar, and Wintergreen most..

Ohioskier

Getting on the lift
Skier
@dbostedo honestly I’ve been swamped and probably missed everything. Just getting back on it figured snow season is soon arriving.

Kcip

Booting up
Skier
Hello - I'm Tim. Nice to meet you all!

Wife and I live in Silver Spring MD.

Locally - We ski mostly Whitetail and 7 Springs.

My sister's family lives in SF, so we try to have an annual family meet up in Tahoe. I justified buying an Epic Pass this past year with the addition of Stowe. So we'll be making a trip to VT sometime this winter.

Mephitblue

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Virginia:
  • Mephiblue Keith - Reston, VA. Normally ski day trips at Liberty, Whitetail or Roundtop. I try to get in a trip out West every other year and a weekend trip or two to Blue Knob or one of the West Virginia ski areas.

Maryland:

West VA:

Southern PA:
[/QUOTE]

west or bust

back asswards
Skier
Checking in - 20 minutes from Roundtop. Second year in PA, meant to make it down to Whitetail last season but never got around to it.

Will see who's around after the new year.

TS
va_deb

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier

Sponsor