• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RIP Kasha Rigby

slidingmike

Going downhill fast...
Skier

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Truly sad news. Had some contact with her in the late 90's. We were trying to get her to Japan, and she was trying to get there. Had some back and forths.... always kind.

Spinning Wheel

Booting up
Skier
I actually went to elementary school with her for a few years in Stowe. I always enjoyed seeing news of her accomplishments. Such sad news, but an incredible life well-lived.

locknload

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Amazing life story. People like her inspire me to bring out the best of my wandering, adventuring, nomad...even as I live a relatively mainstream life. May she RIP. Along with Hilaree....we've lost giants recently. Very sad.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Kasha was a regular participant in the Wasatch Telemark Series races, bump contests, ski jumping events, and all-terrain competitions during many of the eight years I was a member of the race crew that organized the aforementioned functions. She and numerous fellow Coloradans would travel west on the weekends to participate when our schedule didn't coincide with their home state's telemark event schedule. They proved to be formidable competitors for the many dozens of participants from the Wasatch, which typically included several U of U students from Norway who were incredibly talented tele skiers. Some of those CO tele skiers relocated to the Wasatch through the years, including Kasha, who resided in fairly close proximity to my residence and worked at Solitude for a season or two; however, she wasn't seen on the resort's slopes all that often, as the easily accessed backcountry was her preferred stomping grounds. It was fun to attempt to hang with her when skiing after scheduled events were completed but before lifts closed for the day.

Sponsor

Staff online